Nine.

Chapter 9:Night Terrors

Chapter 9:
Night Terrors

"How were you not freaked out?" Bella exclaimed, pacing her room while Hunter sat peacefully on her bed. Bella had been going off about how worried she was about leaving Hunter in the woods with Laurent and those "Scary wolves".

Hunter just let her rant. She couldn't really tell Bella why she wasn't afraid without outing Sam and his pack and herself. It was better that Bella just believed that she was a vampire.

"I mean, they could've hurt you- Laurent could've hurt you." She ranted, staring at her friend, "I don't even want to think about someone hurting you-"

Hunter got onto her feet and clasped Bella's hands, "I'm fine. Okay? No one can hurt you or me." The room fell silent and Bella sighed. She believed that Hunter could protect them but she couldn't help but think of the worst.

"What about Victoria?" Bella mumbled, finally meeting Hunter's eyes, "She's gonna come after us both."

Hunter rolled her eyes, "Let her come. She won't stand a chance against me." She felt pretty confident this time around.

Before Bella could respond, the sound of tapping alerted them both. It was coming from the window. Hunter pulled away from Bella and slowly moved over to window. "Be careful." The pale girl whispered.

"Bella!" A whisper-yell sounded.

Hunter glanced out and looked down, seeing a shirtless Jacob with a fresh haircut. She cleared her throat and slid open the window, Bella quickly joining her side. "Jacob." Hunter sighed, "You scared us."

"What the hell are you doing?" Bella asked. She was happy to see him. After their argument before, she was afraid she'd never see him again.

Jacob tore his eyes away from them and shuffled in his stance, "Back up. I'm coming up." The girls complied and heard his feet padding against the house before he grabbed onto the windowsill, kicked off the tree, and swung into their room without making a ruckus.

Hunter let out a breath, his agility was inconceivable and impressive.

"Hey." He muttered to them both, an apologetic look in his eyes, "Look I'm sorry-" He walked closer to them but Bella held her hand out and pressed against his toned body.

Hunter continued to stare at Jacob, her eyes lowering to his upper right arm where a very noticeable tattoo resided. The same spot where she constantly felt a stinging pain whenever she was around the wolves.

"For what?" Bella questioned, her face serious and her arms crossing across her stomach.

"I wish I could explain but I literally can't." He sighed, baring his own serious face. He moved between them and walked towards the middle of the room. "Have you ever had a secret you couldn't tell anyone, one that wasn't yours to share?"