Eight.

Chapter 8:The Other Half of Hunter

Chapter 8:
The Other Half of Hunter

Light grey walls and glow-in-the-dark-constellations was the view for the remainder of the week. Since the Cinema date, there has been a burning sensation all around her body. It felt as if her veins were rubbing against each other like sandpaper, her skin was hot to the touch, and her gums ached terribly.

Charlie and Bella constantly stopped by her room, curious and concerned as to why she locked herself away from them. It wasn't easy to lie, especially to Bella, but her strongest excuse was that she was simply struggling with her menstrual cycle.

   "I have these extreme cramps that keep me in bed all day." She would say with her back pressed against her wall and an unhealthy amount of sweat glistening her body. She could be sick, but then again, she was part vampire. There was no way she could get sick.

Winston checked in regularly, texting to make sure she wasn't going to disappear on him. He wanted to call but she always had an excuse for that too.

Hunter kept her eyes on her ceiling, her back flushed to her bed and her legs leaned up against the wall. All of her fingernails have been bitten off to the stub and her room was cleaned to perfection, things she did to take her mind off of whatever was happening to her. However, none of them worked.

   "What's happening?" Edward asked. She hasn't found anything online that helped her with her ghost problems, she only found links to ghost hunting scammers.

Getting rid of Edward was something she had to do all on her own. "If I knew I would've fixed it by now." She mumbled with a roll of her eyes. If Edward ever really came back to Forks, she would have to leave. His constant looming figure was driving her insane.

His body stayed shimmering by the door, his eyes worrisome. "Have you fed?" She turned her head over to him in thought. The last time she remembered feeding was when she met Sam.

Her legs slid off the bed and she got up, immediately moving to her closet. "I haven't. In a long, long time." The thought about tasting the tangy blood of a deer made her happy, not because she was hungry, but because maybe that was why her body was reacting like this. The first drop of blood to touch her tounge will solve her problem.

"That's dangerous." Edward warned as she quickly threw on a shirt she didn't like and slipped into her boots. "Yeah, Edward, I know. I could die. But a lot has been occupying my mind."

"What's more important than staying alive?"

"Making sure Bella's safe. But what would you know about that?" She teased, grabbing her leather jacket. A small smile made it's way onto his ghostly face and he watched her open her bedroom window. "You're gonna jump out?"

She nodded sticking her leg out hastily, "Got any better ideas?" She banged her head on the window's lift and yelped, "Damn it." She whispered, continuing to swing her other leg out.