One: La Princesse

*:

*:.。.:*・★・*:.。.:*

You laid in a sea of tall grass.

The green-yellow blades bent back and forth around you as the gentle afternoon breeze swept across your face. Taking a deep inhale, you enjoyed the mixed sweet and savory scents of the purple, white, and yellow flowers that spotted the meadow and the wild rosemary that grew freely across the field.

Slowly opening your eyes, you were greeted by a pastel blue sky speckled by translucent white clouds. You smiled as the rays of the high sun kissed your skin, blessing it with the sensation of warmth. Looking to your side, you watched as your fingers swept across the soft grass giggling gently as the feeling tickled your skin.

Continuing to lay in the quiet field, you embraced your solitude among nature.

It was peaceful. It was calm. You loved peace and calm.

Unfortunately, these aspects rarely fit into your life, but you cherished them for whatever little time you could.

"Princess!" a loud call echoed across the prairie, breaking you from your reverie all too soon.

With an exasperated sigh you sat up, face barely cresting the tall grass as you peaked over the barrier. Sure enough, there was your head maid and caretaker waving you over in front of the large, grey-stoned castle.

Although disgruntled, you had no choice but to go back inside the rock building you considered a prison. The walls were massive and strong with cylindrical towers topped with dark shingled cones on top that sat at each corner for the structure.

Standing sluggishly, you brushed off the bits of weeds and dust from your thin, pale pink gown. Then you took your hands through your loose auburn hair to do the same, running your fingers through the long and soft, dark red ringlets. You took care to avoid the garland of tiny white daisies you had braided into a section of your mane.

Picking up your floor-length dress you sifted through the prairie to reach your caretaker. She held a disgruntled look on her hard, ageing features, which let you know you were in for a scolding.

"I knew you were out here," she spoke firmly as you finally arrive in front of her while you kept your face to the ground, "why can your highness never stay put and stop disappearing?"

"I am sorry, Lady Foy," you begrudgingly replied while fiddling with your fingers.

She let out a frustrated sigh as she turned back to the castle, you following behind.

Lady Foy has been your head maid and has taken care of you since you were a young child. Although she was connected to you because of her position and was thankful to be part of the French court and technically in service to the land's sovereign, she truly did not like you. You were a thorn in her side and caused her stress from her first day.