Nine: Aleumdaun Kkoch (아름다운 꽃)

And a month later... (Don't kill me!)

So just to let the people who read this book know, this will be my most slowly updated book. It is my least viewed fanfic so it isn't top priority.

That being said... this is also my favorite book and I have a lot of story line ideas so do not panic. I will be writing this one until the end. It just might take a bit longer.

A special thank you for those who enjoy this book as much as I do! #teamstanjin

*:.。.:*・★・*:.。.:*

You sat in the royal garden enjoying the secluded Koi pond

This isolated area has become your favorite retreats. The dense shrubberies and flowering trees made it a perfect refuge, only the colorful fish and a singing birds to keep you company.

You sat upon a flat stone that lined the pool throwing small bits of bread on the surface of the water, watching as the fish raced each other to reach the treats first. When the bread was gone you sighed deeply, wrapping your arms around your legs and pulling them to your chest so you can focus on wallowing in your own pity.

It had been several days since the awkward and deflating feast when you were unexpectedly introduced to the princes' wives. Even though the dinner was in your honor, you were left feeling completely irrelevant once learning Seokjin already had five wives.

Honestly, confusion was what you were feeling more than anything.

There were so many conflicting thoughts whirling around in your mind that you were struggling to sort out, but one thing was clear and you've decided you can no longer hide it (at least from yourself):

You wanted Prince Seokjin.

Regardless of the fact you only met the man a week ago and you barely knew anything about him other than he was the future Emperor of Goryeo, had many wives, and was devastatingly handsome. But still, every fiber of your being craved him. Craved for his looks, his touches, his attention, and his... affections.

Which is why you have been avoiding him like the plague. If Seokjin ever got you in a room alone, you had no idea what would happen, but you had the feeling your chastity would be in danger. So, you have spent your time at the foreign palace evading the heir whenever you weren't in trade meetings with your uncle and Emperor Kim, which were a whole other fiasco; namely that you appeared to be in the room for show rather than to give meaningful input.

But Seokjin seemed to be doing everything he could to gain your attention. He was sending you notes, treats, presents, and he was even the reason you were sitting outside unguarded at the moment. Michault informed you, rather begrudgingly, Prince Seokjin arranged for you to walk around without guards in certain places within the palace walls.

Still, you weren't allowing him near you because you couldn't risk it. Risk you realizing you had more than just sexual desire for the prince you were so obsessed with.