Rotting

I started off by collecting seeds from all sorts of plants, which I stored very carefully, and even catalogued. I would make sure to compare them to other books later on. I also observed various animals mating, a fox being born, it's mother dying, and I even saw the spontaneous appearance of a monster. I observed how it walked around and instantly started killing everything in its path.

I had, of course, picked up the fox and stored inside my shirt to keep it warm. My body was quite convenient, due to it still being warm after dying, and since my coat was especially designed to conserve heat and trap heat, it was perfect to keep the tiny fox warm. I let her drink from a small, calm piece of a waterfall that trickled down the cliff, like a half turned off tap. I also fed it milk by stealing it off of other animals. I would observe this fox's growth and hopefully prosperous life.

I wondered about, looking at various phenomena, such as a stronger monster killing a bunch of smaller monsters. I saw a small monster overcoming its fear and killing the big monster. I saw the very same small monster falling off a cliff by accident. I saw a tree come to life, wrap its branch-like arms around a small rabbit, and crush it in its mouth. The blood trickled down the tree, and after about a minute, there was no trace of there ever being a rabbit. It was intriguing. So I went up to it and prodded here and there. At first, it came to life and tried to eat me, but I became incorporeal and possessed the tree. It was very weird. I wiggled around my tentacles and whipped a random bird out of the sky. I moved the human body and the tiny cat out of my reach, then un-possessed the tree. I then possessed my human body again. The tree looked around in confusion, spotted us — me and the fox — and shifted its roots to move away from us.

I kept on watching various events, making sure to keep the fox safe. I introduced it to meat after finding a freshly dead cow. I had found the cow the cow and thought to see if it was possible to lure creatures out into the open with food. It was. At the same time, I had had thought of giving my fox some meat, and it ate it all.

A few months went by. I checked on the city of Lescatie, and to my surprise, almost everything was rebuilt. The only thing that had scaffolding on it was a few places in the walls. I presume I had forgotten about telepathy in my estimations. The fox had grown a lot. It was as big as a large, adult bear by now, and was still growing. By now, it could kill a dear and it it all, leaving only bodes and a few inedible organs. It seemed to know what was edible and what wasn't instinctively. It was impressive to watch.

My human body had begun to rot away. My flesh was decaying and falling off my body. I had lost one eye, but could, for some reason, still see perfectly clearly through the empty socket. It was odd, and I wasn't sure why I could still see through it. Perhaps it was something to do with my species... but I don't see why. When I possessed the tree, I was completely blind. Maybe the job then. Probably. Then that means that the more I actively observe, the more I'll see. That was awesome! I petted the fox. It curled up into a ball and wrapped its tail around me.

I had been doing some thinking about my species. It seemed I could possess things, which was similar to a Poltergeist, I could appear as living for a short amount of time, like a Wraith or Ghost, and I could otherwise be perceived as an anthropomorphic shape when I was in a particularly dark place, similar to a Black Mass or otherwise known as a Shadow Person. It was odd. It was as if I was a mix of all of these species, but since my natural form — my incorporeal form — was perceived as a humanoid shape in very dark shadows, I deduced that I was, in fact, a Black Mass. It was a huge weight off my shoulders when I made that conclusion. I knew, or thought I knew, what I was.

Foxy, which was what I had started to call the fox, nuzzle its nose into my hair, sniffing me and, without meaning to, tickling me. I giggled and squirmed a bit. Foxy then licked my face. I smiled and got up, then started to rub its belly. It rolled onto its back completely now, almost like a cat.

I heard voices nearby. I told Foxy to get up and hide with me behind a very big bush. We observed as a group of adventurers came and started to set up camp. There was one dwarf mage, one human warrior, one elven ranger, and one beast-man healer. They were all male. A tiny creature which seemed to be a species of rabbit came in. They looked at it and smiled. The human went over to it and picked it up. He cradle it in his arms, petting it. Maybe humans weren't so ba-

They human crushed the rabbit's skull in his hand. Blood trickled down the creature's pearl white fur. He then threw the carcass away and said something about "filthy rodents". I stand corrected. It seemed that humans were still terrible. And, deducing from the other's grins, elves, drives, and beast people were just as bad. So, I decided to have a go at murder. They didn't matter to anyone, and I'm sure that they would not be missed.

I told foxy to keep my body safe. I then went incorporeal and possessed the dead rabbit's headless body. I hopped over to their fire and hurled the body onto the elf's lap. I then became incorporeal again. The elf screamed and threw the body away, shooting an arrow into it while it was in the air. I then used minor telepathy to lite the dwarf's beard on fire by sending the campfire in his direction. The chucked the boiling stew onto the human, possessed the beast-kin, and tore the human apart using teeth and claws.

I then became incorporeal again, ripped the dwarf's eyes out and put them in the elf's mouth, I then ripped off the elf's scalp by possessing the dwarf. I then axed the beast man who was still shocked from killing his comrade. I then axed myself in the head, killing the dwarf instantly. I then went back to my own body and smiled at Foxy. We then walked away again.