Teaching

Before going to the Demon Lord to ask her to enforce a mandatory test in all schools across her dominion to evaluate whether they could come to my school or not, I decided to conduct a couple tests first. I had two things I wanted to verify. First was whether or not I was still shy, or if I had finally gotten over it. The other thing I wanted to verify was the vague sense I had that I had a form of immortality. I got the idea of my potential immortality from reading the religious scriptures that describe me exactly, and that describe me as "Immortal Katt".

     I started off by going out and back into the capital. I wanted to talk to people. Have conversations. This would be to see whether or not I was still a socially anxious shy person. The walk to town was rather speedy and efficient. It took me an hour by foot. On the way, I thought of how I would talk to people exactly. I could buy a few groceries, go to the pub, go to the library, or go and desecrate the nearest church. I decided to go shopping for necessities first, seeing as my fridge was getting empty.

Once in town, I headed to the marketplace. There, I went to various stall for food items, notably salt to preserve the meat, and vinegar, to preserve the vegetables and other things. While talking to others, I didn't stutter at all. I felt nothing resembling my previous self, and I had not idea what caused the sudden change. Perhaps it was the complete dominance over that Mind Flayer and that Demon. It was odd to say the least. Then again, I didn't doubt that if I were to be flirted with, or to be in a relationship, I would certainly not be the dominant one.

     Seeing as the shopping was done, I hurried back to the lab to store and preserve the food, putting the meat in a stone box full of salt, and the rest in quite a few jars and glass containers, submerging them in vinegar. The conclusion for the experiment was that I was not shy anymore. That was good. That meant I could socialise like any normal human would. Now, however, it was time for the next experiment. I wanted to test the waters of my supposed immortality.

     I made a ten centimetre long and 1 centimetre deep cut in the side of my left arm and wrapped it in a bandage. While I was waiting, I decided to go to the Demon Lord's castle. I needed to speak with her and ask her to distribute the test I had made the previous night. I brought with me a few papers which were the test. I would have to ask her to have her subjects to copy out more.

Once again, it took me an hour to get to the capital, and a further ten minutes to get to the castle. I climbed up to the top and knocked on the Demon Lord's door. After waiting a few seconds, she opened it.

'Yes?' She asked, seeming surprised that I was here, and annoyed she was being interrupted. Once more... she was naked.

'I would like to ask you to make copies of this test and distribute it in all the schools in the Demon Nation and the Living-Dead Nation, then to sent those who get 95% or above to come to my school, if you would be so kind, your majesty.' I bequeathed.

'Why?' She asked.

'Because I want the newest minds to flourish and have a brighter future.' That was almost a lie. I did it because I value knowledge above all else. It was an excuse to gather the greatest minds, make them greater, and to have them roam the world as scholars. Just to see what would happen.

'Alright, I suppose that's a valid reason. Give it here and I'll make sure it happens.' She held her hand out. I gave the test to her.

'Thank you very much.' I thanked.

'No problem.'

'Also, one last thing?'

'Yes?'

'Could you tell me when all the students have been sent to the school?'

'Sure...'

'Thank you.'