Chapter 7

All four girls were standing in Hanna's kitchen looking worried.

"Do you think it's Noel?" Aria asked.

"We don't know who it was the police didn't say." Emily replied.

Spencer started pacing. "Well if it is Noel then he's telling the police everything right now."

"What if it's not Noel? Who would it be?" Hanna said looking to Spencer.

Spencer shrugged. "Whatever goon 'A' hired."

"Well if it's not Noel then is Ali just going to send some supposedly innocent man to jail to keep her story believable?" Aria asked looking around at everyone.

"No." "Maybe." "Yes." Emily, Hanna and Spencer all answered at the same time.

Emily looked at the two of them and shook her head. "No, no way. She wouldn't do that."

"Wouldn't she? Alison's gone rogue there's no telling who she'll throw under the bus to save herself." Spencer replied.

"Okay what does that even mean?" Hanna asked throwing up her hands.

"Look!" Emily interrupted. "I know Ali's actions have been a little bit questionable lately but she promised from now on she was going to keep me in the loop...keep us in the loop. She won't do anything without talking to us first."

Spencer looked at her before shrugging. "Okay, if you say so."

The door opened moments later and Alison and Ms. Marin walked in. Ashley Marin looked around at all the girls then focused on Hanna. "I'll be upstairs."

They waited until they heard the bedroom door shut before bombarding Ali with questions.

"Was it Noel?"

"What happened?"

"What did he say?"

"Did you recognize him?"

"Guys stop!" Alison yelled shutting them all up. "It wasn't Noel."

"Then who was it?" Hanna asked.

Alison shrugged. "I don't know some guy named Cyrus. But he knew everything I told the police. They asked me to ID him."

Aria spoke up. "What did you say?"

"I said I didn't know." Ali replied.

"You said you didn't know." Spencer repeated.

"Well what was I supposed to say?" Ali asked defensively.

"How about no?" Emily said.

"I was blindfolded remember." Alison reminded them.

"I'm sorry but do we have to remind you that you were never actually kidnapped?" Spencer said sarcastically.

"There's some man being questioned by the police for a crime that never actually happened." Aria added.

"Guys this has to be 'A'." Emily said looking at all of them then back to Ali. "I mean you said he knew the whole story right?"

Alison nodded. "Down to what I the rock and what I ate."

"But how does 'A' know all that?" Hanna asked.

"By now I think we can stop questioning how 'A' knows anything." Spencer replied.

Alison looked thoughtfully at them. "If 'A' is behind this that's exactly who that guys going to run to when he panics."

"What are you saying?" Hanna asked.