Chapter 10

The next day at school Spencer was sitting at a table with Emily waiting on Aria and Hanna who were in line getting coffee. "So you excited?" Spencer asked. Emily gave her a confused look and she rolled her eyes. "Date."

"Oh right. Yes I am." Emily replied with a grin.

Spencer smiled back. "She tell you anything?"

Emily shook her head. "Nothing. Just to be ready at 5."

Spencer scowled. "That's a little early isn't it?"

Emily shrugged. "That's what time she said so we'll see." They both looked down at the table as Emily's phone vibrated. Alisons name and face flashed across the screen and Emily hit the reject button immediately.

"Still calling?" Spencer asked.

"Every day." Emily said shaking her head.

"Why not just talk to her?" Spencer suggested. "She might give up once she hears it from you that you and Hanna are serious."

Emily looked at her like she was crazy. "This is Alison. When have you known her to give up on anything?"

Spencer shrugged. "I'm just saying it might help."

Emily played with the corner of her binder. "If I talk to her all she's going to do is say the same things she always does. Try to explain and pull me back."

Spencer hesitated but decided to ask anyway. "Are you afraid it will work?"

Emily clenched her jaw and looked at her but was saved from answering when Hanna and Aria sat down.

"God that line was ridiculous." Aria said handing Spencer a coffee and sitting down next to her.

Hanna handed Emily her coffee along with a kiss on the cheek. Emily smiled her thanks and Hanna leaned against her looking at Spencer. "So what were you guys talking about."

"Your date tonight." Spencer answered immediately with a smile and Emily gave her a grateful look.

Hanna rolled her eyes. "I already told you I'm not telling you anything."

Aria looked at Spencer. "She's not budging. I tried the whole time we were in line."

"At least tell me what to wear." Emily pleaded looking at Hanna.

Hanna shrugged. "Wear whatever you want."

Emily sighed. "Yeah but is it a formal place or-"

"Em relax." Hanna interrupted. "Just dress casual."

"Fine." Emily said grumpily giving up on trying to get any details out of her girlfriend.

Hanna smiled wrapping her hand around Emily's arm and resting her chin on her shoulder. "You're cute when you're grumpy."

Emily just gave her a look and they heard a click and looked over to see Aria with her phone held up smiling like an idiot. "Seriously?" Hanna asked.

"Oh yes." Aria replied.

"You should see the one she has of you guys sleeping." Spencer said and Aria slapped her shoulder. "Ow!"

"What?" Emily and Hanna asked simultaneously.

The bell rang and Aria stood quickly. "Well gotta go, can't be late. Bye." She said quickly and scurrying off.

Spencer laughed and as Hanna and Emily shook their heads.

"Well see you guys at lunch." Spencer said standing. They waved at her then Emily looked at Hanna.

"Gotta go but see you later?"