Chapter 1

Published: December 14, 2018
Rewritten: September 7, 2022

You walked into the BTS dorm to visit your seven friends for the first time in months. They'd been extremely busy doing their jobs: touring, attending awards shows, doing interviews, and filming for their variety show Run BTS. Finally, after what felt like forever, they got some time off. The first thing Namjoon said when delivering the news to you via text was that you needed to visit, and who were you to turn down that invite?

So now you stood before their dorm with your knuckles hovering over the door. You had told them you were dropping by, so they were expecting you. Once your knuckles finally made contact with the door, your heart jumped from excitement. You were finally going to be reunited with your friends.
Not even five seconds later, the door swung open and you were immediately attacked with hugs from all of them at once.

"Y/n!" They chorused, cheerfully.
You grunted at the sheer force of the seven grown men colliding with you, nearly knocking you off your feet.
"I'm so glad you're here." Jungkook murmured, squeezing the life out of you.
"We haven't seen you in so long." Taehyung mentioned. You could hear the pout in his voice.
"We've been so busy." Commented Namjoon.
"I missed you guys too... a lot, but you're all suffocating me."
"Sorry." They apologized profusely, stepping back to give you some space and allow you to fully walk into the dorm.
"Y/n!" Hoseok spoke up suddenly as if he'd remembered something, his outburst causing you to jump a bit.
"What is it?"
"We got new BT21 merchandise."
"Really? What kind of merchandise?" You inquired.
"Pajamas! They're so comfortable. Let me show you what they look like. Just stay here, I'll go put them on. I'll even put on a fashion show for you."
"Okay, Hobi. I'll be right here." You chuckled as you sat down on the couch, making yourself comfortable.

Namjoon walked over and took a seat next to you while Yoongi sat on the other side. The other members sat in different places in the living room as they waited for the always eager and upbeat Hoseok to return.

"It's really nice to see you again, Y/n." Namjoon gave a shy, closed mouth grin, showing off his dimples.
"It's nice to see you too. Three months feels like forever."
"Yeah." He sighed. "We've been so busy. It seems like every time we turn around, there's another schedule."
"I understand. You're all very committed to what you do and you're passionate about it. Not to mention, you're international superstars, so you really have to focus on your job."
Namjoon's heart swelled hearing that. You were always saying stuff like that, letting them all know that you fully understood their situation.

Suddenly, you felt someone's fingers running though your hair, turning to see that it was Yoongi.
"Did you cut your hair?"
"I did. Just a couple inches."
"It looks good." He smiled softly.
"Thanks. You know, you guys always notice small things like that. You notice when I get just a few inches cut off my hair or if I have a new shirt or new shoes. You even notice when I do my makeup differently." You pointed out.
All the boys seemed to stiffen up, which didn't go unnoticed by you.
"Sorry." Yoongi muttered, retracting his hand.
"Why are you apologizing?" You questioned.
"It makes you uncomfortable."
"What? No, no. I wasn't saying it because it's a bad thing. I think it's nice. Guys don't ever notice little things like that."
"Oh." Yoongi blushed a little.

"Here I come!" Hoseok's loud voice rang down the hallway, grabbing everyone's attention.

He emerged moments later, strutting around the living room like a model in his adorable Mang pajamas, the little character printed all over the sleep set. He began striking bizarre and dramatic poses, even going as far as unbuttoning the top buttons and showing off his chest.
This is Hoseok at his finest.

"What do you think, Y/n? Cute, right?" He inquired.
"Oh my." You gushed. "Yes. It's super cute. I love the print."
"Right? The designers did such an amazing job, and the fabric is so soft and cozy."
"Hey, Y/n we were about to have dinner, you wanna stay and eat with us?" Jin offered.
"Sure. I actually haven't eaten at all today."
"What?" All seven boys erupted.
"I wasn't hungry when I first woke up, then I got busy and forgot to eat." You shrugged. It was a common occurrence in your life, so you personally didn't see anything wrong with it.
"You need to take care of yourself." Jimin mentioned, worriedly.
"Yeah, you need to be eating good." Yoongi added, his brows pulled together.
"Don't worry, guys. It's not like I'm skipping meals."
"We just care about you, that's all." Namjoon assured you.
"Good news is, you're here at the perfect time. I'm actually cooking tonight." Jin spoke, proudly.
"Yes!" You clasped your hands together. "I love your cooking."
"And I love you." He grinned, blowing a kiss.
You chuckled and shook your head at him even though his words made your cheeks feel warm.

After he walked off into the kitchen, Jimin got up and approached you.
"Hey, Y/n, can I show you something?"
"Sure."
"C'mon." He motioned for you to follow him.
You got up off the couch and trailed behind him, leaving Namjoon and Yoongi to share a look. Jimin walked into his bedroom and started looking through his drawers, rummaging through the items inside.
"What are you doing?" You inquired, your curiosity eating away at you.
"Just wait. If I can find it..." He mumbled as he shuffled though the items in the drawer. "Ah! Here they are."
He produced a pair of Chimmy pajamas, showing them to you.
"Oh, those are so cute!" You gushed.
"They're yours."
"What?" You gaped, half shocked and half confused.
"The members all wanted to get you a pair but Yoongi said you probably didn't need seven sets of pajamas."
It was true, you didn't need seven sets of pajamas, but you would have happily accepted them and worn one every night of the week.
"But, I really wanted to get you a pair, so I did. The others don't know." He giggled a little.
"Jimin, that's so sweet." You placed your hands over your chest, touched at the gift. "But, won't the others be upset if they see me wearing them?"
"No. I mean, they might be a little agitated with me for going behind their backs, but it's nothing I can't handle. Plus, it was worth it just to see your reaction."
You stepped forward and hugged Jimin as tightly as you could, squeezing his small frame as you mumbled a "thank you" into his chest.
"You're welcome."

Your heart was racing at the feeling of being so close to him. Despite this, neither of you loosened your grip. You both just stood there hugging each other for what felt like forever. It was nice at first, but the longer you stood there, the more you began thinking you needed to let go, not wanting to seem weird or make Jimin uncomfortable. Then, finally you pulled away, clearing your throat, awkwardly.
"Um. We should see how dinner is coming along." You spoke up, using it as an excuse to get out of the uncomfortable situation.
"Yeah, yeah. Good idea."

The two of you walked out into the living room where Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok and Taehyung were still hanging out.
"What were you two doing?" Yoongi inquired,  eyeing both of you.
"I um..." Jimin went silent. "Well, you know how we agreed not to get her pajamas because she didn't need seven pairs of them?"
"Yeah." Yoongi spoke slowly.
"I gave her a pair." He admitted, looking down at his feet, unable to lie or even come up with an excuse.
"Jimin, we agreed to not get her any." Yoongi stated, his tone sounding a bit harsh.
"Hey, it's okay. He's allowed to give her pajamas if he wants." Namjoon cut in, eyeing Yoongi.
There was some unspoken words between the two as they stared at each other. Yoongi sighed.
"Sorry."
"It's okay. I shouldn't have gone behind your backs."
"I think it's sweet of you, Jiminie." Taehyung spoke up.
"Me too." Hoseok grinned. "So cute."
Jimin giggled lightly and looked down at his feet, his cheeks turning pink.
"I'm gonna go check on Jin and see how dinner is coming along." You mentioned, excusing yourself.

When you stepped into the kitchen, the first thing you saw was Jungkook sitting on the countertop watching Jin cook with round eyes.

"Hi." You greeted, walking over to Jin. "I just came to check on you."
"Oh, handsome as always." He responded, cheekily.
"Let me rephrase that. I came to check on the food."
"I'm fine, thank you." Jungkook said.
You spun around and started at him sideways, blinking a few times as you processed his words.
"Excuse me?"
"You heard me. I'm looking like a whole meal." He stated with a smirk.
"No, you're not allowed to say that."
What he said caught you off guard. Jungkook wasn't usually like that and, while he was probably just being silly, the confidence he was radiating when it said it had your cheeks feeling hot. All the while, Jin is staying out of the conversation and just laughing at the both of you.
Jungkook wiggled his eyebrows at you.
You only shook your head, patting his head and walking out of the room.

_______________________________________
For those who don't know, I've rewritten chapters 1-12, which are old chapters published mostly in 2018 and 2019. I hated the writing and also wanted to change the POV. So what you're reading now is the new and improved version of this book! I hope you enjoy and maybe some of you are able to see the improvement in my writing

I rewrote the chapters throughout August, but I put the republish date as the rewrite date so it doesn't get confusing haha