BIGGEST FEAR

*redo. august 15th, 2018.

+++

"I know this is probably a bad time to ask, but I've always wanted to know what like, your biggest fear is. Not to be super creepy or anything. It's a common conversation topic. So don't be weird about it."

It's past midnight and they're having a sleepover, Josh is in his alien-themed pajamas and Tyler is wearing... super boring sweatpants and some ugly mustard hoodie. Tyler is weird, Tyler is Josh's best friend and he's strange. He always has been, from third grade to their junior year in high school, this is a typical topic he'd choose.

"Why would I be weird about it?" Josh mumbled, typing on his phone. "Because you're that kind of guy, y'know? Answer me." Tyler knocked his phone down onto his stomach, sounding a harsh slap. "What the hell, Tyler?" Josh scowled, sighing. "Answer." Tyler pressed.

"Fine, Jesus, my biggest fear is being forgotten, okay? I'm terrified of everyone - yes including you - just forgetting I exist. I think about dying and then no one remembers me and then my entire god damn existence won't matter. Are you happy now, Tyler? God." Josh huffed.

"Uh, I'm glad you told me, but... I just feel really, really stupid. Like a dumbass." Tyler stared at his hands. "I was going to say that mine is the kool-aid man. I've been really scared of him ever since kindergarten and it never went away. He's really, really scary Joshie. I get nightmares 'bout him." he frowned.

Josh lightened up and snorted. "For real? Fits you, I guess. What'd he do to you in the first place? Are you just scared?" he raised his eyebrows, smiling.

"Irrational fear. But also, he fucking breaks through your wall for no reason and just like, screams 'oh yeah!' and spills his disgusting red juices all over the floor. It's fucking weird, dude." Tyler scrunched up his face. "I'm scared to sleep now. And just in general."

"The way you put it is weird, yes. You make it sound creepy as hell, he's just... the kool-aid man I guess, I don't know. He's not as bad as you make it sound." Josh laughed, leaning on the taller brunet.

"Okay, well, he is in my mind. I think that should count for something." Tyler pouted. He snuck an arm around Josh and pulled him closer. "Can we cuddle? You'd be protecting me from the kool-aid man, you know. Except I'd be the big spoon because I'm big and you're... small." he shrugged.

"I-I guess, yeah. But if you try anything without my permission I'm kicking you out and sending you home."

"That's fair. Now lay down and get comfortable and relaxed because I am obviously the best at cuddling. You know that."

"Y-you're so weird." Nonetheless, Josh blushed a little and laid down, glad he wouldn't be facing the other. He knew he'd only be made fun of. Tyler sighed and cuddled up to the boy, smiling into the pink curls.

"You're so warm. I'm freezing." Tyler wrapped an arm around his waist and settled into the comfortable position. "I've been told I'm a living heater, yeah." Josh joked, hesitantly putting his hand over Tyler, who cooed. "Aw, is my little Joshie feeling affectionate tonight? I feel honored." he laced their fingers together.

"Don't get any i-ideas." Josh weakly tried to pull his hand away from Tyler's, but it was obvious he didn't even want to in the first place.

"It's weird you mention that," Tyler giggled, "because I was just about to ask you something I bet you won't do." he smirked.

"What? No, tell me. I'll do it." Josh was always up for a challenge.

"I was going to ask if we can kiss. It's only weird if you make it weird." Tyler bit his lip.

"Okay. Okay, fine, sure. Kiss me. Make it good or you're lame and we'll never do it again." Josh accepted. "Get on top of me then, if y'wanna make it good like you said. Bet you won't." This was too easy. "Bet I will." Josh said, unlinking their fingers and straddling Tyler's hips.

Tyler wrapped his arm around his neck, other hand on his hips. "I'm going to make this fucking amazing." he crashed his lips against the boy's own (very soft) lips, pulling him down against him.

Josh opened his mouth and whined as Tyler's hands roamed his waist, grabbed his hips and rested one hand on his ass. He pulled away only to kiss him once, twice and the third kiss on his neck. "That was a lot more than a kiss." he panted.

"I mean, you told me to make it good. So I made it good. Was that okay?" Tyler raised an eyebrow, thumb caressing his hip. "Yeah, I liked that. You're a really good kisser." Josh blushed. "I'd hope so. I didn't do all that to be called a bad kisser." Tyler nervously chuckled. "You're good too, by the way. Really good." he coughed.

"Y-yeah, thanks." Josh smiled. There was a beat of silence before he rolled off of the tall brunet, going back to their back-to-chest position. "I really liked that, but I think we should sleep now. I-I'm really tired." he mumbled.

"Yeah, yeah, of course. Me too. Night, Joshie. I think we made this weird. I think you made it weird, actually-"

"I did not. Goodnight, Tyler."

Tyler grinned and cuddled even more into him than they originally were, legs locked together and hands interlocked. That was fun.