THREE IS A CROWD

november 29th, 2017.

+++

josh smiles at tyler and jenna. they're in paris, france on vacation. tyler and jenna are feeding each other ice cream in front of the eiffel tower and it's cute, they're married and in love. they both say they're in love with josh too, but he doesn't feel like it at this point.

tyler has liked her better than josh the moment he laid eyes on jenna black. she was (is) so perfect, with her long blonde hair and such beautiful blue eyes you could get lost in. josh fell in love too, but only tyler and him were together at the time. he couldn't really fall in love the way tyler fell in love with jenna.

he can't blame tyler. she's the most beautiful woman he's seen in quite the time. she's changed a bit in appearance since they met- she has short hair just above her shoulders now and it's a lot lighter, the lightest shade of blonde. it makes her even cuter.

josh wants to be apart of that. he wants tyler to feed him ice cream like jenna is, he wants jenna to look at him like josh is her entire world. this is so pathetic, josh wants to cry at these thoughts. he doesn't feel like he's apart of this relationship, especially ever since they got married. oh well.

he sighs and walks back to their car, sitting in the back like always. he brings out his phone to pass the time, leaning his head against the cold window. he doesn't like this trip anymore.

paris would be so fun, josh! come on. live a little.

fun without me.

he sits there for a while, a little less than twenty minutes, before they both come back hand in hand like always. "oh josh, where were you? we missed you." jenna frowns. "yeah dude, don't just sit in the car like that." tyler shook his head. he sounds irritated for some reason. funny, he wasn't like this just a minute ago.

"i-i got tired. i'm sorry." josh lies, a small smile on his face. tyler used to be able to tell when he was lying. "tell us next time then, yeah? you want me to take you back?" tyler asked. josh's eyes flicker down to their still intertwined hands, jenna squeezing his hand.

tyler momentarily looks over to jenna with a smile before turning to him. "yeah, t-take me home please." josh sighs. "alright then." tyler mumbles, starting the car. jenna doesn't say anything to josh until he leaves.

"we're going to do a couple of more things and we'll be back then, okay? love you, joshie." she smiles. josh notes that she specifically didn't say i love you. "i love you too, baby. we'll bring something back for you, alright?" tyler says. josh notes he said it and grins.

"okay, have fun. i'll be here." josh nods, kissing jenna's cheek. she smiles again and waves but he can tell she just wants tyler. it kind of hurts, but it feels better than watching them having fun without him.

after all, three is a crowd right?