Backstory (trigger warning)

(Molestation almost happens on this chapter so if it bothers you skip it)

"You still like Nicholas?" One of your friends asked you while you were eating your lunch

"Yeah he's a really nice guy"

"Is he? Word on the street he's been selling drugs and shit. Also he fucks anything that breathes but-"

"Well I'll see for myself" you said cutting your friend off from babbling about his business

"How did you even end up talking to him?" One of your friends asked looking at him with disgust in her eyes.

"We live down the street from each other, remember?" you said looking at him as you ate your grapes that was on your plate.

"Don't get with him, he's gonna take you through hell and back. I've seen it before" one of your friends said

It was true. Nicholas was doing a lot of dirt and into dangerous things but around you he was such a sweet and caring guy. You two often waved to each other and would talk sometimes when you could. If he wasn't busy those every blue moon conversations would last for hours and go from subject to subject, some silly and some deep.

You lived with your grandmother who lived down the street from Nafla. Your aunts and uncles lived there along with their children who were the opposite of you. Your cousins were fast as hell compared to you and got into a lot of trouble around the neighborhood.

They ran the streets messing around with the girl's and boy's in the area while you were just focused on school.

The reason you and Nicholas got even more acquainted was because of your cousin. Nicholas became her so-called "boyfriend" but yet it was like they lacked loyalty and just couldn't keep their hands off other people. you brushed it off though because you didn't care, it really was none of your business. They'd probably be over in a week anyway.

While the two of them were outside the house kissing and spitting lovesick lies to each other you had stepped outside to tell her your grandmother wanted her in the house before the streetlights came on. Nicholas had noticed you and spoke to you before you stepped back in.

"Hey y/n, how you doing?"

"Good" you said quickly before closing the door and returning to what you were doing.

From that day whenever he saw you outside he'd come speak to you. he'd come talk to you in school and he'd even ask your cousin about you. It seemed as time went on and on you two started to develop a bond.

Your cousin didn't appreciate it though. She hated nafla even looking at you and went to far measures to remind you that he was her's.

When the house was empty and you'd come from school you could hear the disgusting things they were doing in your shared room with her then she'd come out, a cocky grin on her face as she walked about the house.

she'd kiss all over him and be latched onto him like a leech, looking at you every few minutes to make sure you got the point.

It was whatever to you though. You weren't trying to steal nafla from her so it wasn't anything for your cousin to worry about. You weren't stealing him if he was coming to you on his own.

Everything changed in your life around summer break though. one of your uncle had come back from prison and that's when lots of things took place. You were always warned about him because he liked to touch the females in the family inappropriately.

Yet and still, he was allowed to be around them which you couldn't wrap your mind around. Classic case of a toxic family dynamic.

When he came back he had no where else to go so he stayed at your grandmother's house. He scared you and creeped you out every time you had to be around him. The vibe he gave off left you unsettled inside but you never showed it on the outside because you didn't want to let him know how much you feared him.

It was one night you had to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, everyone in the house sleep.

Or so you thought.

You finished your business but as you were leaving out, he was there waiting for you. He stared down at you which in return made all the hairs on your body stand, his aura not colliding with yours in a good way.

"Excuse me" you said trying to move past him. Fear spread through your body as he grabbed your upper arm and stopped you, you struggling against him.

"I have to go to sleep" you said to him, your panic rising when he shoved you into the bathroom. His back was turned for a brief moment, the sound of the lock clicking making you almost pass out.

"This isn't happening" you thought to yourself

"What are you doing? If you don't let me go I'm gonna start screaming" you said to him standing your ground, trying to seem strong even though your voice was shaky.

"You're not doing anything" he told you pulling out a pocket knife and twirling it in his fingers. You eyed it with fear, your body visibly shaking as tears welled up in your eyes.

"Take off your shirt for me" he said watching. Quiet sobs started to rip from your throat as you did what he asked, nothing but your bra covering you afterward.

You were so scared you felt nauseous, vomit threatening to come up. You closed your eyes tightly and opened them wishing it was a dream but it wasn't and you realized the only person that could get you out was yourself.

Your eyes darted everywhere frantically trying to figure out how to get away from him. Just as he was about to reach out to touch you, you took your nails and clawed his eyes, your uncle screaming in pain.

While he was distracted by the pain, you quickly kicked him between his legs and watched his body fold over in pain. You didn't miss a heartbeat before running out and screaming for your grandmother.

Everyone had woke up and emerged from their room to see what was going on, your screams waking the entire house. When they saw you without a shirt crying and him coming in a few minutes after that, the math wasn't hard to add up.

"He tried to touch me!" You yelled out through tears to them while covering yourself. Your cousin had brought you back to the room to calm you, yelling being heard from outside the safety of your space.

The fucked up part is that all they did was yell and screamed at him. Besides that he was still living there like nothing happened and it infuriated you. He should've been casted out a long time ago.

One day you had enough of it. It was disrespectful and disgusting in your eyes.

"Why the fuck is he still here?!" You said with hostility towards your aunts and uncles who were playing cards at the dinner table.

"Where else can he go? We can't just throw him out" your aunt said

"If this bitch isn't out by today I'm calling the cops and getting him placed right back in prison because this sick bastard shouldn't even be here-"

You were stopped by your grandmother who slapped you, the impact making you stumble slightly.

"Levántate!" She screamed at you. You caught yourself and looked at her with tears in your eyes. Your grandmother was like your rock, your savior, and to see someone you ran to every time you needed them turn on you was heart breaking.

"My son isn't going anywhere. Either you learn to live with him or you get out"

And with that you started packing your shit up. It seemed like the whole time everyone was yelling and screaming. You're surprised no one got in a fight considering the tension that rose up.

The drama escalated to outside the house when you came out with your bags. Your grandmother cussing you out. Your cousins yelling at her to stop. It was chaos in the air and it quickly brought attention from neighbors.

"I let you live here when your parents didn't want to take care of you! I didn't have to do that for you!" She screamed at you

"You know what? Fuck you!" You yelled back at her. Everyone around the neighborhood had started coming out to look, an audience watching you all yell at each other like maniacs.

One person was nafla.