Backstory part 2

"What's going on?" Nafla asked walking to you and placing his hand on your shoulder. Unfortunately you were blinded by anger and threw his hand off of you, pushing him away.

You may have not noticed at the time but you were making nafla your punching bag to take some your anger out at. Yes it was being a bitch but you didn't care, right now wasn't the moment for him to step in nor was it his place.

"The only business for you in this family is fucking my cousin so go away" you told him. His face looked a bit shocked for a moment but went back to it's neutral one that he usually displayed.

"Aight, I can see you're pissed off right now so I'll talk to you later" he told you backing away and walking back to his house.

You got your friend to come get you that day and stayed at her house but it was only temporarily. Her mom wouldn't let you stay any longer and told you that eventually you had to go.

You didn't take it personal though and left respectfully once your time there was up. Besides that one friend you didn't want to stay with anyone else considering the problems at home they had to deal with also, so you ended up at square one, having to ask your grandmother to stay.

It hurt your pride like hell to go back but you swallowed it. It would be better than being out on the streets in your opinion so with that thought you humbled yourself enough to go back and apologize to her after school, the bus dropping you off at her house.

"abuela!" You said knocking on the door of your grandmother's home. She wouldn't let you in no matter how much you begged and pleaded nor would she let anyone else let you in.

"I gave you my full, sincere apology what more do you want!" You said to her.

"I don't want your apology or you here. Go somewhere else or I'll call the cops" she said

And that's when your humble spirit left you.

"So you can call the cops on me but not your son who locked me in the bathroom and threatened me with a knife? Then to top that off he tried to assault me! But that's okay though, I realize you're not my family, none of y'all are. You ain't ever gotta worry about seeing me again. I'm gonna get all my shit and go" you said before storming away.

You sat at the curb with your bags all day not knowing where to go. It wasn't until the night sky came in and you saw street lights come on that you knew you needed to be inside. You wanted to try and call someone for help but your phone had died a good hour before. The situation really started to sink in for you once you realized you might be sleeping somewhere under a bridge that night.

Eventually you got up and started walking, trying to look for the nearest place you could at least charge your phone and sit at.

"Ay y/n!" You heard from behind you. Your eyes rolled when you saw nafla pull up beside you, crossing your arms as you turned to him.

"Yeah?" You asked not even bothering to make eye contact.

"You don't have to do this you know? I got extra room at my place. Plus I know you haven't ate let me get you something to eat and a place to rest your head" he said

"Nah I'm good, thank you though" you told him starting to walk again. You inwardly cursed when he followed you with his car still trying to convince you to hop in.

"Come on. I wouldn't hurt you and you know that"

He was right. Nafla was always gentle and sweet towards females, at least from what you saw. The rumors you heard on the other hand was a different story. He was a trusting guy in your eyes but you just didn't feel comfortable yet. you also were in a dilemma though, so you took his offer and hopped in with him.

The car ride was silent, the only noise was the radio playing on low and the sound of the tires rolling on the ground. You couldn't say anything out loud but you did have a lot on your mind to talk about. That was your own information you wouldn't share though.

"So I'm guessing you the quiet one in your family? it's like you talk but at the same time you don't" He said

"Yeah. I've always been a black sheep in a way. I never felt the need to talk or interact much with family or people" you said looking out the window

"You're gonna get broken out of that hanging with me" he tells you with a half smile

"Who said I'm gonna be hanging with you? I'm just doing what I gotta do until I can get on my feet" you replied in annoyance

In all honesty you were only gonna be at Nicholas house for tonight. You knew the type of person he was and the environment you were gonna be around staying with him. You trusted him but at the same time you didn't trust that side in him that would try and come onto you. He seemed sweet but sometimes you really couldn't fully see his intentions. Yeah you used to talk to him before but after him and your cousin your view of him would always be shaky.

Maybe it was you're judgmental side kicking in.

"You know how long it takes for the average person to pick themselves back up? It's not a short amount of time" he said to you with a smirk.

"Listen I just need somewhere to rest my head tonight but trust and believe I'm gonna be out of your sight by sunrise" you said

He didn't reply after that, he just hummed in reply and kept driving

When you got to his house you were already uncomfortable. It had guys outside drinking beer, girl's with them trying to keep their attention on them as music played from a radio.

"Damn a new bitch already" one said to nafla while looking at you

"I'm not a bitch nor do I belong to nafla" you said with venom, the guy throwing his hands up in defense at the mean aura you gave off.

"Nah this is y/n. The girl from down the street that live with christina. They're cousins" Nafla explained

"Ohhh, well my name's west. Sorry for calling you nafla's bitch" he said to you sheepishly

"Yeah this is my crew. That's bloo, loopy, and Owen" Nafla said pointing to each one of the boy's

They all waved politely at you and greeted you before going back to what they were doing, nafla nudging you to go inside the house.

"This is our place. It's a bit junky right now but I'll clean it later" he said closing the door.

The living room was more messy than you liked but it was a house full of men so you expected it, as long as where you slept wasn't dirty you were okay.

"Follow me, I'll show you where you're gonna sleep" he said bringing you through the house and up a steep flight of stairs. He brought you into what you assumed was his room judging from all the stuff that decorated it, such as his name on the wall

"You're giving me your bed?" You asked him in curiosity.

"Yeah. I'll sleep downstairs on the couch, make yourself comfortable I'm gonna go get your bags out the car and bring them in. You can also eat your food in here too I don't mind" he told you before leaving out.

You sat on his bed and looked around. Pictures of him on his drawer catching your interest. They were pictures of him with his mother and father on vacation, nafla in the middle of them with a bowl cut and glasses.

It was so much different from the boy you saw in the streets and in school everyday, you wondered how he even ended up living the lifestyle he lives now.

"Here" he said walking in and sitting them by you. You gave him a nod to thank him, grabbing your charger and plugging your phone into the wall silently.

"I know you wanna shower so right when you walk out, the bathroom is to your left" he told you placing bath towels beside you on the bed.

"I'm bringing you to school tomorrow by the way" he said

"Thank you nafla, but I'll be gone before you all even wake up" you said to him grabbing the towels and your clothes

"You're welcome" he said back to you, ignoring your last statement