Backstory part 3

You must have been exhausted because it seemed like as soon as you ate and laid your body under nafla's covers you fell asleep. Unfortunately you were woken up early that morning by bloo telling you nafla said to get up.

"I bought donuts, better come get some before they eat them all" he told you. you chuckled softly and nodded stretching as you rose up.

Guess you overslept

You walked down the staircase and joined the rest of them eating donuts and drinking milk, their hair all over the place and their faces puffy from also just waking up.

"Wassup" nafla said nodding his head at you. You nodded back at him with a soft half smile, him smiling back at you.

You were really thankful to him. He let you take his room while he slept on the couch, something he didn't even have to do. He also didn't have to let you stay here but he welcomed you with open arms and all you gave him was attitude. Sometimes you let your pride and you being on guard get in the way.

After you all finished you got dressed for school, brushed your teeth, washed your face, and brushed your curly hair into two puff balls on your head.

"Oh Minnie Mouse" you heard from behind you as you sat in front of nafla's mirror laying down your frizzy edges. You looked and it was loopy in the doorway looking at your hair in interest

"Yeah I guess it does kind of look like Minnie Mouse" you said quietly, holding back a smile

"Well anyway Minnie Mouse it's time to go" he said with a smile before leaving out. You got up and grabbed your book bag walking downstairs with everyone else, them having a loud conversation as you all left out of the house. They were rowdy as all get out, but you could handle it considering your family was the same way.

"Gone by sunrise huh?" Nafla said once you two were in the car, you sighing at his words

"I over slept a little and you said you would take me to school so I took your offer" you said avoiding eye contact with him

"It's okay. I'll let you stay for a month or until you can get out there on your own and-"

"Nah you don't have to let me stay Nicholas" you told him shaking your head

"Listen you're a female. You don't need to be in these streets going place to place trying to find somewhere to rest your head. Anything can happen" he said to you

"Fine" you said to him not disagreeing any further. You didn't feel like talking about it anymore. His comment offended you slightly but you bit back retorting at him about it. Just because you were female didn't mean you couldn't take care of yourself.

Coming to school with nafla and his crew was the most over whelming experience ever. People looked at you and him then started talking amongst themselves, staring, and even pointing. People even started asking you all questions to which you wouldn't answer because it honestly wasn't their business.

Besides nosy people school went by as normal, the boy's checking on you periodically between classes. They were nice and welcoming with you, something you hadn't felt in awhile.

You were always an outcast in the family and ridiculed for being half black instead of a full Puerto Rican. They treated you differently because of the blood that ran through your veins but it never discouraged you. You loved your black heritage and culture a lot and you were always proud of it.

Your family accepted you but only to a degree but mkit rain held no discrimination against you in any form. They were such sweet guys to you no matter what.

You were happy when lunch rolled around. The donuts you ate had burned off long time ago and you needed something else to fill you up.

"So I saw you and "make it rain" or whatever they call they their little street gang walk in" your friend mentioned to you.