Backstory part 6

"Does mom know?" You asked looking down at your hands

"No she doesn't" your father said looking at you from across the table, the two of you having latte's and quiche in a French bakery. You called your dad to come get you from Nafla's house and he was there in no time to get you away from those "delinquents" as he called them. Your dad was aware of who Nafla was and what he did so with that knowledge of the young boy he decided to step in.

"We sent you to your grandmother for a reason. It sure as hell wasn't to end up at some drug dealer's house" your father said in disappointment

"Why can't I just be with you and mamá? I hate staying with grandma" you said

"You know I don't want you around your mother right now. It's not safe" he said to you

Your family used to be normal. Just you, your dad and your mom living a normal life in a normal neighborhood. Everything got shaky when your mother started drinking heavily and when she was drunk it was like a demon had possessed her. After she ventured into that she became a different person that you and your dad didn't recognize anymore. It never helped that you couldn't pin point what made it start nor would she speak about her feelings.

She started seeing another man behind his back named "Chris". Eventually he got her hooked on drugs and it seemed like everyday she was falling off the rails more and more. When she started bringing that man into the house along with other strange people while your father was gone to work that's when you finally told your dad and it was not pretty when he confronted her. She was putting everyones safety at risk with her careless actions.

After that she started to take it out on you, talking to you foully and abusing you while your dad was at work. She had stopped feeding you and would let you starve until your dad got home and neglected you in every way possible. After realizing it wasn't safe or healthy to be with her your dad decided to send you with your grandparents while he tried to help her. Ever since you've been back and forth between them until they just felt you should stay with them for a few years.

"Is mom even any better?" You asked

"Look we're trying-"

"You've been trying for years! The woman doesn't want any help and she's not trying to get any!" You said to him getting mad

"Lower your voice! What do you expect me to do just let her go? That's my wife and your mom" he told her

"Leave her. Dad it can just be us, we don't need her and clearly she doesn't want us. You can't keep trying to change somebody that doesn't wanna be changed" you said

"If we leave her that's blood on our hands" he said

"No. If we didn't try to help her that would be blood on our hands but we've tried!" You said to him

"I don't need this. All of this wouldn't be taking place if you stayed with your grandmother"

"Oh so I was supposed to stay with my grandmother and put up with being raped and molested?" You said to him. You saw him look at you for a good amount of seconds before clenching his fist as his eyebrows knitted.

"What?" He asked you. Your eyes widened when you realized he didn't know what had happen to you, your eyes darting away from his.

"I-I thought grandma told you" you said to him nervously

"Nah, she told me you didn't wanna follow her rules so you left" he explained to you

"That's not what happened! Uncle came from prison and he tried to assault me in the bathroom. He had a knife and everything but luckily I got away" you said