CHAPTER 1

They're 15 years old Prince Keefe was with his friends Fitz, Biana, Sophie and Dex. Prince Keefe always snuck out of the palace to be with his friends because he had no friends in the castle. Sadly this was his last day seeing them for he was grounded and will be to busy with meetings and paperwork he has to do, but he doesn't enjoy it, because he was a free spirited person not an office person.

"Will you stop thinking and come and play basequest?" Sophie asked.

"I call Foster on my team" he answered.

He had a huge crush on Sophie, but he knew that Sophie loved Fitz.

"Let's play boys against girls instead" Biana said.

"No way you guys always beat us" said Dex

And suddenly Keefe got a call from his imparter from his Father King Cassius, he said "Come to the castle this instant and you will never escape again." Keefe said goodbye to his friends very sad and returned to the castle.

___________________________

King Cassius kept to his word for Keefe had not seen his friends in 5 years, he was very sad.

Sophie's P.O.V

A lot has changed he is now 20 and I am only 19, but I fell in love with him only 2 years ago, seeing how much he had grown up and also because she knew Fitz never saw her more than a little sister and now Fitz is dating someone else Bella Lestrange, she is a telepath as well and honestly I am jealous, but I know I am his cognate and forever will be, I know that because we already took the test and passed it.

I got snapped out of my thoughts when Dex was shouting at me " Did you hear what I just said."  "No" I answered

Dex was saying "I said are you going to apply for the selection"

"What selection?" I asked, not knowing what he was talking about.

"The selection to be Prince Keefe's bride" he said annoyed.

"WAIT HE IS HAVING HIS SELECTION" I say shocked and nervous.

"Of course, he is 20 already" he said. "Oh right" I answered and then I said "Of course I am"

"Then hurry up the sign up is already available" he said.

I say thank you as I go running out the door after a few moments I crash into someone, I look up and see a teal eyed boy. "sorry for crashing into you Fitz" I say getting up.

"No problem" he answered. Then he asked me "Where are you going in such a rush?" he asked me.

"I am going to sign up for the selection"  I said proudly.

" WAIT WHAT?!?!" He said.

"Yes, why is there a problem"

"Why of course not Sophie"

"Then why the shocked reaction" I said.

"It is just I didn't know you liked him like that" he answered.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't, but one thing is for sure I miss him and want to see him. He is one of  my best friends or at least was" I say, wishing I didn't say the last part.

"He is still your best friend even if he doesn't remember you, it is a good reason to enter the selection" he reassured me.

"Thanks Fitz" I said leaving. After I signed up, I went to my house and waited to see who got selected.

Fitz P.O.V
After Sophie left I went home and thought about what just happened, I know I have a girlfriend, but why does this feel depressing knowing that she moved on, but it is my fault, I had her but I let her slip away. I am still happy with Bella, but something inside me feels broken after today, my cognate likes someone else. I knew this was going to happen someday, I just didn't expect it to be today.

Bella arrived, I went down to greet her, I opened the door and kissed her gently on the lips. She looked sad, I asked what is wrong and she said "I am sorry Fitz, but I had to, I wanted to."

I asked her " sorry for what Bella?"

She said "I signed up for the selection."

"That means were over Bella, I can't believe you chose him over me, do you even know him?" I said

"No i don't know him, but he's cute and I want to see if I have a chance, plus have you once asked me about how I am, about my personality, you just saw my face and asked me to be your girlfriend and I didn't even know you. Of course I said yes because you are really cute, but know I see you are just appearances and I can't be with someone like that" she said.

Bella left and Fitz said out loud "i just lost 2 girls today for my best friend"

Biana heard this and went downstairs to see what he was talking about.
She asked "What are you talking about?"

"Huh" I said startled I didn't see her there probably because she is a vanisher.

"I said what are you talking about" she said sounding annoyed.

"Oh it is just both Bella and Sophie are going to enter the selection and I feel like I lost both of the girls I love"

"Dude I told you to go for Sophie, but nooo you had to ignore me and know you payed the price for that. Plus I signed up as a maid so I could talk to Sophie and Keefe during the selection, so no big deal" she said.

"WAIT, YOU ARE GOING TO THE PALACE?!?!?!!!!"

"Umm yeah. You could go to if you want, they need more guards at the palace" she said.

"That's perfect, I'll do just that, thanks Biana"

"No problem" she said and went upstairs to her room.

Keefe P.O.V
Today I agreed to a selection, only because I imagined Sophie would probably already be with Fitz and I could meet a bunch of hot girls.

Of course I still love Sophie, but I think it's time to move on with my life.

I went to announce the selection on the news so by next week the result of the selection will be in, al I had to do was wait and see if my true love is in that group of 20 girls.

I miss my friends with all my heart, but they probably forgot about our friendship, it has been 5 years since I last saw them and I am truly lonely in this castle, my parents are very occupied and the servants are to shy to talk to me. I'll see them someday.

(Hey guys this is my first fanfic and I really hope you like this chapter and I will try to publish either weekly or every 2 weeks. please vote and comment on how you like the story)

1155 words