Anywhere But Here

I ran my fingers through my hair, breathing out deeply.

"I'm scared" I finally say after the excruciating long silence became too much. Josh was looking at me with furrowed brows. I let out a grunt from the back of my throat, and fell dramatically down on the bed. "You won't understand. It doesn't matter, I'd rather stay here for most of my life, it doesn't seem to bad".

I was staring out the window now. There was small robin looking back at me. My mind went blank as I focused on the little bird, I had found peace, I wasn't worrying, or over-thinking.

"Oliver" Josh's voice had gone to the same volume as it had been in the room with Conner. "There are a lot of things in this place that will make you more crazy than you were when you first arrived".

I sat up on the bed, my face inches away from Josh's. I felt him lean into me lightly, well I think he was. I watched his eyes as they slowly flickered to my lips. I frowned, my need to kiss him had passed. I brought my lips to his ear, I heard his breath quicken. "I'm not fucking crazy" I said through gritted teeth. Looking back at his face, I saw disappointment.

There was a light knock on the door. In the doorway stood the red-headed nurse, her hair before had been pinned up because now he fell flawlessly to her shoulders in neat ringlets.

She seductively chewed on her fingernail. "Hey Sykes" She said her eyes roaming my body. "So I know it's against the rules and everything" She wrapped her arms around my neck. "But I'm feeling particularly naughty today" She whispered biting on my ear lope slightly. She looked at me to see my reaction.

An awkward cough sounded from behind us. She looked behind me, her face dropped when she saw Josh.

"Hey, I'm Lisa" She introduced herself to Josh and actually to me as well, she had never told me her name. Josh sat staring at her in disgust, the way he had when she left the restaurant. "You want to join us or something?" She chuckled and wafted her hand in the air.

Josh tried to hide his smirk when he looked at me. He got off the bed. As he walked past me he patted my back. "Good luck mate!" He said chuckling to himself.

Just before he walked out the open door. "I'm gay!" I shouted, maybe a bit too loudly. Josh turned around quickly, staring at me.

Lisa burst out into a fit of laughter. She tugged on the collar of my shirt. "You're funny" She winked. "Now, I'm incredibly horny, so" She said wriggling her eyebrows.

Josh still stood in the door way, staring and I was staring back. Lisa noticed and turned her head towards Josh. She let out a noise from the back of her throat. "Do you mind, trying to get some here".

"You're gay" Josh asked almost disbelievingly. I nodded seriously, still staring into his blue eyes.

I felt Lisa slowly back away from me. She laughed awkwardly. "So you weren't joking". Silence. Josh and I carried on our staring match. "Shit!" Lisa shouted. It grabbed both mine and Josh's attention. "Why are all the sexy fuckers taken or gay!" She fell dramatically onto the bed.

"I'm sorry Lisa" I choked.

She sighed. "It's fine, you can't really help it. I would of got fired anyway, and who would of known what would happen to you". She stood up off the bed. "Just so you know, you would of defiantly been worth it" She winked as she left the room.

I let out a relieved sigh.

"You're really gay!" Josh asked again. Seriously!

I nodded and rolled my eyes. he then turned around and walked out the room, closing the door with a slam. What the fuck is wrong with him?

The telephone soon rings through the silence of the room.

"Hello?" I say through the receiver.

"Sykes! A word, get down to my office" Armstrong replied.

"Yes sir" I said innocently.

"Why are you still on the phone? Get over here now!" He screamed down the phone. I put down the phone my ears popping from the loudness of his voice.

I flattened down my clothes, and made my way, reluctantly, to Armstrong's office.

Through the frosted glass I saw three silhouettes in his office. One was pacing back and forth the other two sat watching.

I lightly knocked on the door, not really wanting to be heard, I can tell he's pissed, so I don't want to go in there.

Mr Armstrong's grizzly, smokers voice called for me to come in. I stood awkwardly in the doorway. Sitting down were Lisa and Josh as Armstrong paced.

He started smiling, laughing and shaking his head, but I knew for whatever reason why he brought us in here was not a laughing matter.

He placed his palms on the desk, leaning over it. His eyes burned my skin as he looked at me and I could tell both Josh and Lisa felt equally uncomfortable.

From the corner of my eye I saw Lisa try and pull her nurses dress down a bit, covering more of her legs, but then pull it up a bit, covering more of her boobs. I don't think she likes wearing the uniform, I could imagine her in much more, less slutty clothes, and being more herself. Someone made her dress like that and specifically chose that slutty uniform.

"Would you fucking stop fidgeting, covering yourself up won't make you any less of a slut!" Armstrong shouted in her face. He looked down briefly, and she quickly wiped the spit that was spat on her face. She was closed to tears.

"And you, you're a queer!" He turned to me. "Is that why you'e here, Oliver! Nobody understood the emo queer?" He said pouting and putting on a whiny voice.

He looked at Josh, confused. "I haven't quite got you yet".

He sat down in his chair and poured a glass of what looked like to be whiskey. He downed it and poured himself another. He stirred the contents of the glass, focused on that.

"Now let's sort this tiny predicament out, shall we?" He grinned, his smile almost as big as his face.

_____________________________________________________

Title: Anywhere But Here by Five Finger Death Punch

Sorry it took so long, it took me ages to write this chapter, I had huge writer's block and didn't know how to start this chapter, then I stopped half way through and got writer's block there as well. 

You all probably thought I was going to tell you want Oliver did, nope *evil laugh* I've given you a few clues, see if you can guess? and why do you think Josh is in there as well?

I just realized how much a use the word reluctantly, sorry about that.

Hope you liked it...it wasn't really worth the wait tbh but oh well.

It would be could to have your opinions on the characters and stuff, and if you have any ideas please let me know!

Votie/commentie

The song is on the side I think I might start doing that...check out the song I love FFDP and the song is featuring Maria Brink from In This Moment so that makes it even better!

Sorry for the long AN!