Playing The Blame Game

"We're leaving Pops. We're going to be happy once again. You're going to be safe and looked after" I turned my head slightly smiling up at her, I bounced her on my back a little, showing excitement about leaving, and so easily for that matter. 

My mood dropped suddenly, and I stopped in my tracks, three steps away from my exit. I let Poppy jump off my back and she soon ran over to Josh, who was closer to the exit. But I couldn't join them, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't move, everything felt so strange. I grounded my teeth together until they started to ache. I tightly held onto the fabric of my shirt, almost to the point where it was starting to rip. My knee started to shake violently and my eye started to twitch. 

"Oli" Josh said curiously. He had one palm resting against the door, ready to push it open and the other beckoning me over. 

I shook my head. I wanted to go, so desperately. I bit my lip anxiously, staring at the door. 

Everywhere was so quiet, so empty, so silent, so deserted, and that's what was wrong. A smile started to creep onto my face, I couldn't stop the muscles from twitching, forming a devilish grin. That's when a weird cackle forced it's way from the back of my throat. But it didn't stop there, more laughter was forced from my mouth, filling the empty hall. It only got louder, I began to get scared of my own laugh, I hadn't laughed like this since the killings. These feelings were also the exact same, the twitching, the grinding teeth, and now the sweat had made it's appearance. As I felt it makes it's way down the side of my face. 

I looked up at Josh, his expression reading terror. Poppy was snuggled into his side, hiding her face and covering her ears with her hands, Josh's hands were held over hers and stroking her head comfortingly. I looked at them and felt guilt, were they scared of me? No, I don't want them to fear me! 

But yet, I couldn't stop the laughter. I heard it as the devilish sound bounced of the walls and travelled to my ears, and I winced, as I realized how I sounded. But still I carried on. 

My chest was aching, like someone or something was trying to claw it's way out. 

"Where are you?" My voice screamed. I don't think I'd ever sounding like this before, I've defiantly never sounded this confident. Each word, every letter, the sound of every syllable was pronounced to menacingly, a voice that would even haunt my sleep. 

"Oliver?" Josh whispered. Josh stepped closer to me, I could tell in his eyes that that was now filled with complete reluctance. It was obvious he didn't recognize who I was anymore. But this was me, well the other part of me, the crazy side. "We need to go" He carried on, he held out his hand for me to take, and I did so. 

I grasped his hand so tightly in mine, that the blood was trapped, his fingertips turning white. I crashed our bodies together, taking his breath away, and not in a good way. He looked me directly in my eyes searching for something that would resemble the person he had known within these walls, but I watched and it looked like he gave up hope. 

My top lip curled. As my muscles forced a disgusted face at him. His eyes flickered to mine once more, and the colour drained from his cheeks, the rest of his skin turning pale, just like his fingers. His Adam's apple made a dramatic movement as he gulped nervously. He tried to tare his gaze away but he looked like he was fighting with himself. 

"You're in on this, aren't you?" I growled. His eyebrows knotted together in confusion. Before he could answer, I continued. "You've set us up, as soon as we step out there, he'll be waiting" I paused to watch his reaction. But nothing, he became emotionless. "Won't he?" I growled, and he flinched, but that was about it. I shook him slightly. "This was all part of the job, you're yet going to betray me once more, haven't you done enough?"  

His face began to show emotion, it was hurt, and he was the one that felt betrayal, I'm pretty sure anyway. 

He forcefully pulled himself away from my firm grasp. Backing away, shaking his head at me, his eyes seemed to change colour, from the beautiful blue to this dull cloudy grey. He held Poppy's hand firmly in his, she looked between us, confused about the whole situation. "I can't believe you Oliver. I know I've done some pretty fucked up things to people, and I'm sorry I lied, but-" He sighed and shut himself up, He looked at the floor, trying to hide the pain that was evident in his face. 

He sighed again, and looked back up at me. "We're going, this will be your last chance, Sykes. Are you with us?" He looked me directly in my eyes, begging me to come. 

I closed my eyes, why was I contemplating this? Of course I was going with them, I don't know what was stopping me before, I don't know why I felt any sense of uncertainty at all.  

I opened my eyes, and tried my best to send them a smile. But I decided not to when I saw their facial expressions. 

They stood wide-eyed at whatever was over my shoulder. I defiantly didn't need three chances  to figure out what it was. And to be honest, I didn't have time, because before I could even think, an arm was brought around my neck, locking me against their body. 

I felt something bang against my temple, causing me to go dizzy for a split second. I knew what it was, it was so familiar, of all the times i've done it to myself. 

The barrel of a loaded gun was pointing at my temple, and the only man that could be behind the trigger was Armstrong, my life was now completely in his hands.

________________________________________ 

Title: Playing The Blame Game by You Me At Six

Whoa, I can't believe how quickly I wrote this, for about a week now, I've had so little motivation for writing this but then bam as soon as I started writing I found it so hard to stop, I really loved that feeling. 

Anyway, so for the next chapter I could either do, this chapter but in Josh's view or just carry onto the next chapter, up to you guys, let me know what you'd prefer. 

So close to finishing this! eeek! 

Hope you liked it guys! 

Dedicated to trillfairy 

Song on the side... Brilliant, amazing, wonderful, sexy song, hell every ymas song is! Just listen to Josh's voice ugh, I'm just going to cry over his perfection and all of their perfection, how can five men be so damn amazing! And this song is so fucking sassy!