Chapter 12

The second we get home, I look to Loki "I must confess, there is a reason I wanted to stay in Midgard."

"Why?" Loki asks as we start towards the castle.

"You see, the warriors and I have been disappearing in the night. To Jotunheim." He looks at me with confusion "As Jormungandr has come to control his powers."

He stops dead in his tracks "What?"

"You couldn't teach him, because you can't be harmed by him." I state, before explaining "But we five volunteered to help him."

"He couldn't harm anyone?" he asks and I nod "And nobody would harm him?" I shake my head "Can we bring him here?"

"He's already here." I state and his eyes bulge "We moved him into your old chambers." He gives a little gasp, before darting towards castle.

~

As we sit at breakfast, Loki holds Jormungandr's hand and leans into him "Loki?" I ask and he hums "Would you like to do the honors?"

"I'll do my half of the honors." he states, before explaining "But you have to do the other part of it."

"What honors do you speak of?" Sif asks and Loki looks to me, asking for permission to answer.

"Loki is to be the next queen." I state and Loki presses his lips in a nervous lip "And it will be very soon."

"What?" Volstagg asks and I nod "When was this decided?"

"When we were in Midgard." I state, before explaining "But we've been talking about it for awhile, now."

They go silent and Loki clears his throat "We kind of have to wed. Female bastards aren't looked at with the same respectably as male bastards."

They look from me, to Loki, and back again, before Hogan asks "What can we do to help, my queen?"

Loki gives a flattered look, before Fandral asks "Would you like us to work out Slephnir? So you don't exurt yourself."

"I might take you up on that offer." Loki smirks "But for now, I will do it. And I must teach one of you how to work him."

~

The townspeople were taken aback by the announcement of the wedding, but they've come around.

Currently, the warrior four and I sit on our horses, just outside the entrance to the bifrost. As we climb off, Heimdall smiles "Your friends is rather funny."

"Are they ready?" I ask, nearing his pedestal.

"Indeed." he states.

"Let's do this." I smile and he opens the portal. After a long moment, Stark, Natasha, Rogers, Banner, and Barton fall through.

As they straighten themselves out, I smile "Heimdall, I expect to see you there? Or shall you manned your post?"

"I wouldn't miss it, my dear friend." he smile, before bowing to the Avengers "Nice to finally meet you, Miss Rominoff. I've been interested in Midgard's best warrior."

Natasha gives a simple reply, before Stark steps out of the bifrost "Holy Mother of Gods, this place is..."

"You've left him speechless." Rogers smiles "That's a first."

Natasha looks at the warriors, before asking "Where's Loki?"

"He had work to do at the stables." I state, taking her hand "Would everyone part up with one of my warriors? If we were to walk, it would take far to long, and I wish to see my queen before he starts getting ready."

And like that, we ride out on our horses, across the bifrost. When we put away our horses, I find nobody in the stables, but Slephnir in his pin.

Loki comes strolling in, shirtless, apple in hand. He speaks a short hello, before turning to Slephnir "Just got done giving you a bath! Don't go wallowing in the mud!"

Loki opens the pin and Slephnir runs out with Loki's apple. That's when I notice a slice in Loki's shoulder "What happened to your shoulder, my pet?"

He spears a glance, before shrugging "Must've cut it on something. I'll be fine. Doesn't hurt much."

"I'd like you to get it checked out." I state and he rolls his eyes "No, I mean it! I want to make sure you're okay!"

"Thor, I've been kicked in the chest by a horse. A little cut isn't going to hurt anything." he declares, annoyed look on his face "Listen, I'm going to go take a bath. It starts in two hours."

"Are you having cold feet?" I ask and he shakes his head "Then what's wrong?" he shakes his head and I sigh "Just tell me, please."

"It's what follows." he grumbles, before crossing his arms "The fortification of the royal marriage..."

"What about it?" I ask and he gives an uncomfortable look "You get stage fright." I declare.

He blushes "I can't preform in front of an audience, okay? It freaks me out the they'll be watching."

"Come here." I insist, pulling him into a hug "You don't have to do anything. I'll do all the work for you."

He grumbles "Thor, it's unsettling. They're going to be staring at us and I don't know them."

"Well, we'll cover ourselves." I smile and he sighs "Loki, it's going to be completely fine. We'll go on with the festivities."

He backs away and sighs "I'm going to get ready." he gives me a kiss, before walking towards the castle.

As I walk back towards my friends, I smile "Would you like a tour of the castle? I have a while until I need to dress."

As we start the tour, Sif elbows me at the entrance of the castle "My son!" a voice comes from behind me and I stiffen.

"Odin." I state, turning to find he stands behind me. He wears white armor and a silver eye cover.

He smiles "You seem to have forgotten to alert me of your wedding. And who is to be your queen?"

"You weren't invited." I state, coldly, causing his face to go flat "The suggestion of Asgard is no longer your concern."

He glares at me in anger "You will not speak to your king in such manner!"

"You are no longer king!" I smirk, pointing my staff at him "You're merely an old man who murders innocent children."

His face goes bitter "You've been speaking to the stable boy." he nods, before explaining "The wolf was dangerous."

"He was a child, with marvelous abilities." I state, switching my staff in hand "Barely bathroom trained when you slaughtered him."

"He was a beast!" he insists, before stepping forward "Destine to become a monster, like his father!"

"His mother." I correct and Odin's face softens "Loki is not a monster. He's a mother, who has lived in fear of you, for the past fourteen years."

Odin retreats inside his mind, before remarking "I suspect he's been in your bed." I glare down at him and he declares "I am to stay for your wedding. I won't stay longer, if you desire."

"You will not speak to Loki." I order and he gives a short nod. I step closer to him and threaten "If you speak poorly of him, you will be exiled from Asgard. Do you understand?"

"Yes, my son." he smiles, before disappearing into the castle.