Chapter 15

The next morning, I rack my fingertips over Loki's bare back as he sleeps. As there's a knock on the door, I crawl out of bed and walk towards the door to find the warriors.

"My king, we have news of the prisoner!" Volstagg roars and I look back to make sure Loki is asleep, before stepping out.

"Odin admitted that he came to assassinate our queen." Sif explains, before clarifying "If we were not watching him, I believe he would have succeeded."

I feel the life drain out of me, before insisting "Alert the kingdom. His trial will be in front of the whole kingdom, at noon."

"My king, it's already nine." Hogan states and I raise an eyebrow to him "Yes my king. We will alert the kingdom."

I march right back into my chambers, waking Loki up in the process "Bloody hell are you doing?" he yawns.

"Trial has been moved up." I declare, before pulling on my boots and armor "The prisoner made an attempt on your life." Loki gives a concerned look and I give him a rough kiss "Get dressed. Wait here until the Avengers come to gather you. I will meet you at breakfast. I'm going to speak to the prisoner, to make sure you are safe."

As I storm towards the door, he calls out "Thor?" I look back to him to find him horrified "I love you."

I give a weak smile "I love you too." And with that, I sprint through the castle. I come across Jormungandr first "Get to my chambers, now! Stay with your mum!"

And with that, I continue to the first Avengers room. It's Steve's room. When he answers the door, I order "Run and get the others and get to my chambers. Odin was going to assassinate Loki. I need you to protect him while I'm gone."

"You got it." he nods and I continue my sprint.

By the time I reach the dungeons, I can barely breathe as I march into the dungeons. Odin stands in his cell.

As I stop in front of him, he chuckles "My king, why so out of breath?"

"Your trial will be today." I state and he nods "I'd expect you be put to the chopping block after your treason."

He leans forward and smirks, before whispering "What makes you think I've done it yet?"

"If you hurt him, you'd be hurting your granddaughter." I state, before backing away and walking out.

As I do, he screams after me "I'm a grandfather!"

As soon as I'm out of his view, I sprint.

~

As I walk into the breakfast hall, I spot Loki about to take a bite. I practically slap it out of his hand "Loki, have you eaten anything?"

"No." he states, before asking "Why?"

"Nobody eat anything." I insist, before motioning for them to stand "I will be making breakfast."

"Thor, I've never seen you cook." Loki states and I glare at him "Just don't give me food poisoning."

I roll my eyes "Follow me."

As I cook, Loki wraps his arms around me and rests his head on my shoulder "Odin is trying to kill me, isn't he?"

"He is." I state, before turning to hold him "But I'm not going to let him. And he'll be dead soon enough."

He sighs and I place him on the stool next to the fire I cook our food on. As he swings his feet, Natasha smiles "And we thought you were an asshole, incapable of love."

"I knew he wasn't." I state and Loki shrugs. I smile and kiss his forehead "You're so precious."

"Thor, I'm hungry!" Loki whines and I hand him an apple. He take it and climbs off the stool "Thor, am I fat?"

"No." I smile and he whines. I pull him back to me and hold him "You're hormonal, and pregnant. You need to gain weight for the baby. You're not fat."

He sighs before groveling "But I'm not attractive! I'm hideous, and fat, and disgusting, and moody!"

"Stop." I insist, before wrapping my arms around his stomach and whispering in his ear "If we were alone, I would fuck you right here and now."

He lets out a shakey breath, before groveling "You're just saying that, because you have to! Stop!"

He pushes me back and goes back to the stool, before biting into his apple. I look to my friends "Pregnant people are crazy."

"I'm not crazy!" Loki roars and I raise my hands in defeat. As I go back to making breakfast, Loki grabs the rim of my armor and pulls me closer.

"Loki, your mood swings are killing me." I sigh and he shrugs, before continuing with his apple "I'm ready for that baby to be born already."

"No you're not." Barton states and I frown "After that baby is born, say goodbye to sex." Jormungandr scrunches his nose at that.

"That's what chamber maids are for!" I smirk, before pointing to Loki's stomach "We won't have to deal with the crying."

"But we're going to!" Loki hisses and I give a confused look "This baby will sleep in our chambers."

"Really?" I ask and he nods "I thought people hired maids for such things."

"Rich people." Loki states, before declaring "I'm not letting anyone else watch over my children."

"So, the girl should be able to sleep in her own chambers when she's one?" I ask and Loki sighs, sharing a look with Barton.

"We will move her to her own chambers when she's five." Loki states and I stare in shock "However, she'll probably crawl into our bed until she's sixish."

I let out a long sigh, and shake my head, before clearing my throat as thunder strikes outside "What's Midgard like when it rains?"

"It gets muddy." Tony states, crossing his arms and asking "What, is it different on Asgard, or something?"

As thunder booms again, I sigh "The lightening aims for victims." They give a confused look and I clear my throat "Breakfast time."

At the end of breakfast, Loki yawns and leans to me. I run my fingers through his hair "Are you sleepy?" he nods and I ask "Would you like to take a nap?"

~

As we walk into our chambers, I help Loki out of his armor and pull off his boots, before covering him up and kissing his forehead "I'll wake up in an hour, my queen."

As I stand, Banner asks "Should we leave?" I shake my head and walk over to the bookshelf. Only a handful of books are in English, so I pass them out to them and retrieve a book on Jotunheim, before sitting with my back against the bed. The rest of the Avengers squeeze onto a couch.

After about twenty minutes, Natasha looks up from her books "So Odin waged war on Jotunheim, a millennium and a half ago."

"That's when he found Loki, left for dead." I state, before chuckling "That war made the warriors, Loki, and I invade Jotunheim. That's when Loki found he was adopted."

"Why did Odin keep him?" Barton asks and I look back at the head of black, who sleeps peacefully behind me.

"In hopes that the lost king could lead to peace." I state, before looking to Jormungandr "It bread hatred."

We sink into silence, before Jormungandr sighs "Jotunheim always creeped me out." I look to him in confusion "Weird shadows, the ground would make noises."