Chapter 21

"But it is, my king." Loki insists, before stepping forward.

"You would have snapped out of it when I snipped off her earlobe." Thanos smirks, before standing up "I sent you to Asgard, knowing that you wouldn't be able to kill Thor. He would." he snaps his fingers "snap you out of it, and refuse to let you come back alone."

As Thanos walks towards Loki, he chuckles "And, he wouldn't come here without his best warriors, and the rodents that undid my work on earth. Him being king and all."

"I'm afraid I don't know what you mean." Loki states and Thanos chuckles, before Loki continues the charade "My king?"

Jormungandr stands and steps towards Loki, scepter in hand "Just give it up. We're doing what's best for the universe."

"But what of the orphans in the wake!" Loki cries "Are you willing to make your sister an orphan? Or yourself?"

"No." Jormungandr shakes his head in insanity "I would not make myself an orphan."

Loki sighs, before looking down at Jormungandr "What is this really about, my son?"

"In the past four months, all I've ever hear is about that baby! Or how perfect your life is now that you've started a new family!"

"Oh honey. Bless your heart." Loki sighs, before holding the tip of the scepter "Drop the scepter."

Jormungandr shakes his head, as tears blur his eyes "You never loved me!"

Loki easily pulls the scepter away and wraps his arms around Jormungandr. I'm close enough to hear them whisper to each other "I'm love you so much, darling. I'm happy that you can live with me. And that you'll have someone to grow old with. Have a friend to turn to when you can't turn to me, or to Thor."

Jormungandr whispers to Loki "Mother, I'm so sorry."

"Listen very closely. Thanos is a very bad man." Loki whispers "I need you to get Gamora and your sister out of Jotunheim. There's a boat by the portal. Get back to the castle and tell the guards to raise the force field."

They separate and Jormungandr runs as Loki swings the scepter at Thanos. A gasp appears on Thanos's chest as his children try to desend apon Loki.

Before try can even get close, my warriors and friends jump on them. By the time they're subdued, without injury on our side, Loki has Thanos pinned to the wall, ice spikes through his shoulders and thighs.

"Kill them!" Loki hisses as he paces in front of Thanos.

"We don't need to kill them." I state and he raises an eyebrow to me "Loki, why would we kill them?"

"They mean something to him! Maybe very little, but something!" Loki screeches, before shaking his head "And if we don't, they'll kill us!"

"Loki, I know what this is truly about." I state, before explaining "They cut you, and got in your mind, and took our babe."

"You know nothing!" he hisses in my face, his face reads with rage, before looking to Thanos's children "Gamora and Nebula will live, with great pleasure to the monster, but they deserve to be saved. But the rest of them." he tosses spikes at them and they drop to the floor, dead.

Silently, I back up and tell my friends to put down their weapons "Just, let him get it out. There's nothing to be done, without getting caught in the crossfire."

When Loki turns back to Thanos, he flings spears into his hands, to keep them there. As Thanos groans in pain, Loki walks forward, dagger in hand "This will be fun."

Loki presses the tip of his dagger Thanos's cheek "What will kill you the slowest?" he chuckles "I've got it!" and with on quick motion, a long slice appears along Thanos's stomach, matching Loki's.

Thanos makes a painful gasp and Loki cackles "Oh come on, it wasn't that painful..." he sighs, before shaking his head "Okay, I lied. It was horrible. But, I'm not done."

He sticks his dagger into the cut and slices up, causing Thanos to scream in agony "Not quite done yet, am I?"

Loki plants his dagger into Thanos's upper arm, before reaching into the cut and pulling te severed muscles apart, causing Thanos's to faint.

"Bloody coward." Loki grovels, before stepping away to wash his hands. When he walks back, he slaps Thanos across the face to wake him up.

When he comes to, Loki growls "What you did, will make me infertile after another two kids." Loki pulls his dagger from Thanos's arm and chuckles "I dreamed of having many kids, but I'll only have six." he shakes his head, before leaning down to be face to face with Thanos "One of my children, will never be able to love me. Another, is dead. And my youngest, I doubt will make it to her first birthday, or be correct mentally. And if I do have two more kids, there's no guarantee that the child will take a breath. You can see my problem, yes?"

Thanos bats his eyes in grogginess and Loki stands up straight, before looking around to find a vine from one of the trees. When he picks it up, he wraps it around his forearms "Anything to say for yourself."

"I gave you sanctuary, when you had nowhere to go." Thanos speaks weakly and Loki stops dead in his tracks.

He wraps the vine around Thanos's neck and sighs "No, you used me, because you're too coward to do it yourself. You used a god as a toy, because you think yourself above me."

Loki pulls the ropes angerly and hisses "You will never be a god!" he trembles and pants in rage as Thanos gasps for air.

When Thanos goes limp, Loki holds the ropes, before realizing he's dead and backing up, panting like a dog.

As he turns around, he sighs and nods "Call me psychotic, but that was fun." he chuckles, weakly, before walking over to the casket and lifting it, before sitting it back down.

Once the realm is restored, again, Loki looks to me "Let's go meet our daughter."