Chapter 22

As we walk into the castle, I'm met with the green girl and a bald blue girl. They share a look, before walking us through the castle, into the healers hall.

In the third room, a healer stops Loki at the door "We should get you to a healer, my queen."

"It can wait until after I see my daughter." Loki insist, before pushing past and clasping his hand over his mouth and turning his back.

She's tiny enough to hold in two hands, or one of Loki's. Her earlobe has been stitched back on. And she's beautiful.

"Loki?" I whisper, and he shakes his head "Loki, she's beautiful. Look."

"She's so small!" Loki gasps, before gulping and turning to face her. She smiles at Loki and makes a little sound. He kneels down next to her bed and she grabs his pinky finger.

"My queen?" the healer asks, yet Loki's eyes don't move from Hel "We need to get you into a soul forge."

"Only if I can bring her." Loki insists and the healer gives in. Loki gently picks up Hel and carries her into the next room.

When he lays in a ball, I walk around to find he cups his hands to hold her as she pulls on Loki's hair "Jormungandr?" Loki asks and Jormungandr looks to Loki "When you were a newborn, I'd wrap you up and hold you closer than I can hold her, and you would pull my hair."

Jormungandr smiles a bit, before frowning "Wasn't her hair blonde when you got to Jotunheim?"

When I look down at Hel, her hair has changed into a ravenous black "It was. What the hell happened?"

"She's a siren." Loki smiles, before explaining "She appears however she desires. That's her ability. Fenrir's was transforming into a wolf. Jormungandr's is a serphant. Hel's is anyone."

He gives a tender kiss, before handing her over to me. As she stares up at me, a feeling of warmth overcomes me and I press my lips to hers. She opens her little mouth to try to give me a version of a kiss. (A/N: Until you hold a baby, that you love, in your arms, you will read this as weird. Trust me, it's not. Don't make something, as innocent as a baby, perverted. Thank you.)

When I pull back to look at her, she balls her fists in my beard and Loki smiles weakly at up "I don't want you two to watch what they're going to do. Go feed Hel. I'll see you in a bit."

When we walk out of the healers hall, Natasha gasps "She's so tiny." I nod, before offering Hel to Natasha "I don't want to hurt her."

"You're not going to hurt her." I insist, before handing her over. When Hel stares at Natasha's hair, I smirk "She's very smart, for a babe."

When I notice Hel's hair is bright red, Natasha gasps and Jormungandr chuckles "I think she likes you."

Hel takes Natasha's finger as she looks to Jormungandr "Has she turned her hair green yet?"

"No, I haven't held her, yet." Jormungandr states, before shaking his head "And I don't want to, just yet. I have to go down to Midgard first."

"What's on Midgard?" I ask and he licks his lips "I'll go with you, just what do you have to do, kid?"

With a sigh, he declares "I need to go to confession." everyone gives him an odd look and he shrugs "I'm catholic, alright?"

"Catholic?" I ask and he nods "You realize that we're gods, right?" he nods again and I frown "Okay, whatever you wanna believe in, son."

He gives me an odd look, before clearing his throat "So, I might go later, but, umm..."

"Have you ever been to Midgard?" I ask and he shakes his head "Okay, well. You're going to see it today."

"Well, who's going to watch Hel?" Jormungandr asks and, in unison, we look to Heimdall.

~

I press my lips to Hel's forehead and whisper "I'll be back in a little while, my pretty little princess."

She gocks at me, before looking to Heimdall. Her eyes turn gold and her hair turns black and croppy like Heimdall's.

"She's going to pull that when she gets in trouble. I guarantee it." Heimdall states, a small smile on his face.

"Bring us back if anything happens." I instruct, before kissing Hel once more and walking over to my friends and warriors "Jormungandr, lean back. When we land, land on the balls of your feet, and your knuckles."

He nods and Heimdall opens the bifrost. When we get to Midgard, Jormungandr stares in amazement, before asking "What do we do first?"

"Well, you wanted to go to confession. We can do that first, then we can do some other things." I state and he nods "To a Catholic Church."

When we get to the nearest church, Jormungandr goes into the confessional as I sit in a pue. When my friends sit, I sigh "I wish Jormungandr not to know this." when they look to me I explain "In order to fix Loki, the healers must open the wound to fill it with herbs."

They give me an uncomfortable look and I continue "He'll wear a corset, and he'll be bed-ridden for awhile."

Tony frowns "What pain relief do you have on Asgard?"

"Leafs from the tree of life." I state, before explaining "We grind them up and boil it in butter, to spread on bread and eat it."

We sink into a comfortable silence, before Natasha asks "Is it risky?" I give a short nod and she asks "Are you worried?"

"Loki is a fighter." I insist, before looking to Volstagg "Do you remember when Hogan got jumped outside a shobuki hut and we ran to his aid?"

Volstagg nods as he laughs "Loki leaped off the roof and took down the biggest man."

"It wasn't until after another hour in the shobuki hut, did we even find out Loki had been stabbed!" Fandral chuckles.

Hogan laughs, grimly "He passed out on a harlot, remember?"

As we burst out laughing, Tony frowns "I thought Reindeer Games is gay."

"No." I smile at him, before explaining "Loki swings every ways. Men, women, being a woman."

My friends share a look, before Barton asks "Then have you two ever..." I raise an eyebrow to him and he clears his throat.

After a moment, I announce "We have not yet lain together as man and woman." they give a confused look and I explaining "When Loki wants to do it, we will do it."

"Can you do it?" Bruce asks and I shrug "I mean, I guess he could shrink down if he wanted to."

I hum at that, before thinking of it and sighing "Well, now I'm in need of a shobuki hut."