Chapter 18

"Is this working for you?" I ask and he sighs "Okay, umm..." I back away and clear my throat "Well that didn't work, and the first thing didn't work."

"Thor, I only see this working one way." Loki states and I nod, before leaning him back and straddling him.

With a whine, I sit back up and sigh "You have to be in control." He nods and flips us. After a minute, I declare "This will work."

~

As Loki carries me into breakfast, the Avengers give us an odd look. When Loki puts me down, I stubble. A wicked smirk comes over his features "Thor had a rough night."

"Shut up!" I hiss and he raises his hands in surrender "Arse!"

"Somebody is in a mood!" Loki smirks, sitting down "Seriously, you'll be fine."

"How would you know?" I spit and he smirks, resting his hand on my back, causing me to growl "Don't, touch me."

He rolls his eyes and looks to my friends "He can't handle it." he declares and I glare at him "Thor, how do you think I did it?"

"I'm not twenty fucking foot tall!" I snap.

He gives an unamused look, before clearing his throat and looking towards me "Thor, may I speak to you?" I raise an eyebrow to him and he explains "It's political."

"We've talked about this." I state.

"It's for MY kingdom." he remarks and I give him an odd look "I wish to restore it to it's original beauty."

"You mean you wish to return the casket to Jotunheim." I declare and he gives a short nod "Loki, it's unsafe to put it back."

"How?" he asks and I glare at him "There is nobody in that realm! The only way to get there is through my portal, or with the bifrost!"

"It's perfectly safe in the relics hall." I remind and he sets his jaw.

"If someone can walk into the relics hall and burn a body, what makes you think the casket is safe?" he hisses.

I give him an apologetic look and he starts to storm off, but I call after him "We will return the casket to Jotunheim."

He stops, only to look back to me with a look of gratitude. When he turns back, he stands there for a moment, before continuing on.

~

When we get to the stables, Loki has changed into peasant clothes "What are you wearing?" I ask.

"You'll just have to see." He smiles, before patting Slephnir's side "Are we doing this, or not?"

"We are." I nod, before leading him, Jormungandr, the Avengers, and the warriors, down the bifrost.

When we get to the relics hall, Loki steps forward and takes the casket in hand. With a wave, it gone.

"What's this?" Tony asks as I turn to him.

"That's the internal flame." I state, before explaining "It can bring the dead back to life, it gives power to Surtur, the flame giant."

When I look to Loki, I find he stares at the flame in longing "But those who come back, aren't alive." he remarks "I found that out the hard way."

Before I can ask, he's out the door and down the bifrost.

When we get to Jotunheim, Loki heads straight towards the castle. By the time we catch up, he stands behind the throne, where a pedestal sits "Jormungandr, don't fight it."

When he sits the casket down, a shimmering comes from all around as the castle starts to repair itself. Jormungandr and Loki lift from the ground and are to blinding to look at.

When my vision comes back, I find Loki sits on the throne, which is carved with beautiful icework. His clothes have been changed to a frosty black, silver, and titanium chainmail royal loose shirt and pant. He wears no shoes, and has throne of ice spears, poking through his hair. His hair is curly, and lumped together. Blue beads hang around his head.

Jormungandr is dressed in the same manner, only, he possesses a smaller crown and no beads.

The throne room seems brighter, and icework covers the walls. When I look back to Loki, he dances a ice figure in his palm. A smile covers his face.

When he stands, he walks out of the castle, into the courtyard. Trees with different fruits and vegetables cover the ground and Loki pulls one off, before biting into it. The black fruit gushes out, causing it to cover his face.

His eyes bulge and he plucks another one off to give to me, when his eyes spot barrels "It's rum!" he cries, before walking over and dunking a silver goblet into the barrel. He downs it and groans, wiping his face "Damn that's good!"

"It's beautiful here." Natasha states as Loki hands her a purple fruit. When she bites into it, she frowns "This tastes like chocolate."

Loki frowns, before grabbing another purple fruit and biting into it "Oh, yes. It does, doesn't it?"

As Tony takes a drink, Jormungandr splashes the sea that used to be the drop-off of a cliff. Loki charges for Jormungandr and pulls him in.

When they come up, they laugh and are completely dry. By the time they climb out, Bruce asks "Where's the drinking water?"

"That's it." Loki smiles "It cleans itself." He walks back to the trees with a smile carved into his features.

When I walk up next to him, he sits at the base of a tree, munching on one of the purple fruits "Do you want to hand me one of those?"

He reaches up and pulls one down, before handing it to me "What do you think of the place?"

"It's nice." I state, before stepping on either side of his legs and smirking up at him "But I think I deserve a little something something."

"I can do a little something something." he says in a wonky voice, before leaning towards me and kissing me.

"This one tastes like peaches!" Steve calls out, holding up a black fruit with white spots that comes from a short tree.

With a sigh, I back away from Loki and look to Steve "Well, don't you just ruin the mood?" he gives an apologetic look and I look to Loki "Why don't we go and explore?"

Once he's up, we walk towards the castle. After a few minutes of walking around, I hear Barton scream "We got a problem over here!"