Chapter 13

As we walk into our chambers, Loki sits in the bath, getting his wet hair braided by a maid. He looks to me "You look troubled, my king."

"Nothing to worry your pretty little head about." I smile, before stopping next to the maiden "Your hair will look very nice."

He gives me his hand and I incase it in my own, before sitting on the edge of the bath and hold his hand to my lips "Your troubles are mine as well, my king."

I rub my thumb over his exposed fingertips and give a weak smile "Odin has come to our wedding."

A worried look comes over him and he speaks frantically "I gotta get Jormungandr back to Jotunheim! It's not safe for him here! Odin will kill him!"

"No he won't." I sooth him rubbing his wet forearm "Odin is being watched by the four warriors. If he goes anywhere near Jormungandr, Sif will put him right."

Loki looks uneasy and I kiss his hand, whispering "Jormungandr will be completely safe, my queen."

He looks down at the white water and sighs "Are you one thousand percent sure that Jormungandr is safe?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way." I smile, before kissing the palm of his hand and turning to the Avengers "If you don't mind, may I have a moment with my queen?"

They close the door after the maid and I release his hand as I stand to start towards my clothes. As I dress, Loki stands from the bath and wraps himself in a robe "You look dashing."

I smirk at him "And you, ravishing." I place a kiss atop his head as I see the nervousness in his eyes "Everything will be fine, my love." he nods and I smile "I will see you later."

As I walk out of the door, Stark gives a slow clap "Doth the rug match'ith the drapes? Thou doth appear quite ravishing."

"Stark, it is unwise of you to continue such mockery." I state and he smirks "If you think I'm bad, wait til you meet the people of Asgard."

~

"Jormungandr!" I call out as we reach his room. As I peak inside, I find he's dressed, and reading a book "Do you mind if I introduce you to some of my friends?"

He shrugs and I wave the Avengers in. As they walk in, Jormungandr marks his place in the book and sets it to the side, before standing.

Stark gives an alarmed look, before straightening up "Jessica, kid. You're ten, right?"

Jormungandr nods "Yes, sir. You're from Midgard, aren't you? I've always wanted to go there."

"Come anytime, kid." Stark insists, before looking around "Thor, you told us this used to be Loki's chambers. This looks nothing like I would have guessed."

"Well..." I walk to the drapes and pull them closed "These were always closed." I turn around and grab a few books, putting them on the shelf "He kept it clean." I turn to the candles and light them "These were lite." I turn and look around, before discovering the bed "The bed was never made, because he was either in the library, or in bed." I sniff around "And it used to smell like neutral, like nobody was living in it."

They share a look, before nodding and Natasha frowns "It's quite depressing, don't you think?"

"Loki wasn't-" I sigh and go to open the drapes "He wasn't right, in the head, from the time we were kids to the time he was a stable boy." I snuff out the candles and shrug "From time to time, I still don't know if he's completely okay."

~

As we walk into my throne room, everyone goes silent. I turn to the people and declare "Carry on, my friends! It is yet time to meet your queen!"

They carry on and I turn to the crowd to find Odin standing next to Jormungandr. The Avengers follow as I stop in front of him "What do you think you're doing?"

He holds a finger up for my silence, and asks Jormungandr "Why, how ever did you inherit such green hair? It's not in the nature of a Jotun to have such characteristics!"

Jormungandr's smiles "My other form, is of a snake." he explains, before clarifying "I blame it on the fact that my father was a fisherman."

"Do you know your father, dear boy?" Odin asks and Jormungandr shakes his head "Everyone needs their parents in their life."

"He's my son." I state, causing both of them to look at me "Biologically, not. But I am his father." I glare at Odin "Unlike some, I won't neglect my adoptive son."

Odin furrows his brow "I wish not to do this here. Not now." He shakes his head "Not on this day."

Jormungandr gulps, backing away "You're Odin?" I nod and I can feel his icy skin from feet away "You killed my brother." he whispers.

"Jormungandr, calm down." I order, stepping towards him "Odin is not here to harm you. Isn't that right?"

"I'm not going to hurt you." Odin insists, before clarifying "Fenrir's death was an act of hatred. But I've come to learn that I was wrong."

"And yet you kept his corpse for relic!" Jormungandr hisses. A look of hatred comes over him and his icy skin strengthens.

"I kept him for memoriam, so your mother could morn the bastard." Odin states and I glare to him.

Jormungandr shakes his head, looking away from Odin, as if weren't worth looking at "I'm not going to reply to that. I'm going to be the bigger man."

And with that, he walks to the other side of the throne room. Odin scoffs "That bastard has got a mouth on him."

"You self-righteous bigot!" I hiss at Odin, causing him to frown "I want you out of this castle, and away from my family, this instant!"

"I will do no such thing!" Odin declares "Just because I am no longer king, doesn't mean you can disrespect your father!"

"You're not my father." I state "Haven't been since you slaughtered a toddler." His face drops and I smirk "No, I've decided your fate. You will stay for the wedding."

I turn to walk towards the door, the Avengers and the warriors on my tail. As soon as we're out the door, I turn to the warriors "Sif and Hogan, I need you to watch Odin. Make sure he doesn't move away from the wedding. Fandral and Volstagg, I need you to go find Heimdall, bring him to me."

"What do you have planned, my king?" Sif asks, flinging out her sword.

I look to the Avengers, before turning to the warriors "I believe it's time for Odin to pay for what he's done."

"Take him prisoner, my king?" Fandral asks and I shake my head "Condemn him to a life of servancy?"

"By law, slaying a life apart from war, leads to the dungeons." I remind, before shaking my head "But murdering an innocent, lands your head in a basket."