Ch. 18 - Rivers of Blood

WARNING: Adult content; discretion is advised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melanie could not hear anymore from her mother and Coco – she walked away, eventually using transmutation to head toward the compound in which she knew Elijah was. Upon entering, she gasped and saw him standing there. His eyes pierced her with shock and happiness, and a slight smile appeared in his lips. His dark hair was neatly combed, and he was dressed in a plain black t-shirt with jeans. Her eyes, still stained clear with tears, sparked his worry and he approached her, cupping her face in his hands.

"My Princess," he said remorsefully. "I'm so sorry if you feel like I left you. What's the matter?"

Melanie sighed: "it's... sort of long. Were you heading somewhere?"

"Just to find you," he said with a warm smile.

He took his hands off her face and held her hand, kissing it before leading her into the compound

He took his hands off her face and held her hand, kissing it before leading her into the compound. They made their way into the suite he now lived by his lonesome in. Upon entering, he closed the door and took he in his arms, kissing her lips fervently as his arms snaked around her slender waist. Melanie's heartbeat raced, and she moaned as her fingertips grazed his cheeks. He broke the kiss, his piercing blue-gray eyes smoldering as his lids drooped halfway. Melanie felt her body heating with desire, gazing back at him.

"I've been so selfish," he said, kissing her cheek. "Please, let me make it up to you."

"You were mourning your mother," Melanie responded. "You cope by isolating yourself. Not the healthiest thing, but..."

"You're a balm for my soul," he said, his voice dancing with emotion.

"Before we... do anything," Melanie said in between breaths, "I need to tell you I'm..."

"With child." They said it exactly the same time. Stunned, Melanie's eyes widened, her eyebrows raised as she saw Elijah's perfect smile overtake his visage.

"If you don't want to..." he said, considerate and respectful of her condition; but she stopped him.

"I want to," Melanie said. "But let me ask you one thing."

"Anything, my Princess," he agreed.

"Well," she began, "are you sure you want to still be with me? Even though we are technically half-siblings? Even though I'm older than you?"

His eyes grew wide, and his pupils only got bigger as he pulled her close to him. His grip on her was tight and secure, providing a clear answer before he could speak: "I do not consider you my sister. We were not raised under the same roof. If you were, I would not consider it okay to be with you. Your age does not matter to me... I am still your eternal slave when you physically start to age more than I am at a given time. That will never change."