Ch. 19 - Gods and Monsters

When Elijah reached the base of the compound in which the royal family lived, he encountered a few familiar faces. His eyes widened, seeing John and the twins, Hunter and Axel Baxter. The twins were identical in every way; in fact, so identical, they needed to wear different clothing to distinguish themselves. Both had brown hair, dark green eyes, and were about as tall as John stood at six-foot-two. They also were very similar in build, a lanky frame with light musculature. They looked at him, leering mischievously and then looking to John.

"We didn't think he would be here," they both said in unison – Elijah cringed, hearing them. That is something they always did, was talk at the exact same time.

 That is something they always did, was talk at the exact same time

"This isn't a laughing matter. The Princess' life is at stake!" John exclaimed to his best childhood friends. He then approached Elijah and stared him in the eyes with concern, putting his hands on his shoulders. "Are you okay?"

"I will be," he said fiercely, "once I get a hold of his head!"

"Are you sure we're not going to get killed for something like this?" the twins asked in unison.

"Believe me, I could destroy him myself if I could," Elijah challenged Axel and Hunter. "I don't know why..." He looked and saw three other young women present, one of which he had never seen before, "all of you are here."

"We were called," Lydia Blackwell said as she crossed her arms over her shoulders, her bright red hair unmistakable even in the false nighttime darkness of the sanctuary. "I had a dream of her, she was stabbed."

"Same," Ashley Campbell said, stepping forward.

"I had a vision," came forward the young woman no one had seen before.

"Who are you, exactly?" Elijah questioned, looking at John suspiciously as he was focused on the mysterious member present.

The young woman was intimidating, standing five-foot-eight, but that was not her most defining feature. Her eyes were massive and an intense blue color; it scared most everyone present there, summoned by a dying Melanie in their sleep. She had black hair framing a round-shaped face, and wore all black like members of the Cooperative were assigned to wear.