Chapter 19

Angst and strong language at the start, don't worry, it has a calming ending. Enjoy!!!

The next morning, the couple woke up in each others arms. Today Meryl had to leave to New Jersey and it sadden them to be apart. Cher opened her eyes and looked down at her sleeping wife. She looked so peaceful and beautiful, it was indescribable how much love she felt for her. Now she was sure that Kathleen was a passing feeling, nothing could compare to the joy Cher felt by waking up every morning to such beauty. Although, the guilt of what she did was eating her inside but if Cher told Meryl it would destroy what they have and she didn't want that. Cher slowly got up careful not to wake Meryl up and prepared breakfast for the both of them. When it was finished, she carried the tray to their room and placed it in the foot of the bed. She climbed near her lovely wife and filled her with soft light kissed from her neck to her cheeks. That made Meryl react and slowly wake up, locking eyes with Cher.

"Good morning gorgeous" Cher said sweetly caressing Meryl's face

"Good morning" Meryl said sleepy

"Get up, I made us breakfast in bed"

"Really?" She sat up and looked at the tray, her eyes lit up "You are being very romantic, what did I do to deserve this?" She said

"Just be in my life as the only women I will ever love" Cher said putting the trays in front of them. Meryl was puzzled by Cher's sudden attitude but she loved when Cher got all romantic. They joked and played as they ate then woke up Paulette and Georgane so they would help Meryl with some last minute packing she forgot and to get her ready to leave.

"Be right back, I'm gonna call the driver that is gonna take you to the airport and wait for him" Cher said, Meryl nodded and kissed her
Cher went to the living room and called the driver, then she heard the doorbell ring. As Cher opened the door she saw a face that made her body go cold.

"What are you doing here?" Cher said sternly "I told you I didn't want you near us again Kathleen"

"I know, promise it will be the last time. I just didn't want to leave without saying goodbye" she said approaching Cher, making her back away until she leaned against the center table.

"Don't even think about it" Cher warned. Kathleen diverted her eyes to the right and quickly back at Cher without even moving her head. She leaned in and kissed Cher on the corner of her lips.

"Thank you for yesterday, it reminded me of our night in 89" She turned to the right this time completely "Have a safe trip" she said and exited the room.

Cher turned to the same direction and gasp "MERYL!!!" she exclaimed covering her mouth in shock.

Meryl stood there burning with anger "IT WAS YOU??!!!!" She yelled "YOU WERE HER ONE NIGHT STAND??!!!"

"I can explain" Cher said desperately

"And yesterday, you said it was a meeting for a collaboration!!! Yeah, a collaboration between her legs!!!" Meryl screamed in a cracking voice

"No!!! Nothing happened, It almost did but it didn't I swear!!! I'm sorry" Cher said crying

"We even received her at our house" suddenly Meryl realized "All the things she said, they were directed at you... wait, it wasn't just a casual visit to say Hi, was it?" Cher didn't say anything at first "Oh my God!!! We even left you alone for a minute, I'm sure you started kissing or fucking out the second we were gone"

Cher went pale "No!!! She called me the last day we were in L.A and wanted us to meet when I got back... But I didn't go and she appeared at our door"

Meryl was furious "How could you do this??!!!! You lied to me, That's why you acted so strangely lately. You lied to me, Oh My God!!!" She exclaimed. Pacing