↳ part one

PART ONE

★ ★ ★ ★

( sabrina p.o.v )

ARRIVING BACK TO the place i grew up wasn't easy. i left riverdale one person and certainly did not come back the same person.

riverdale was essentially harmless. the death of my new found cousin, jason, had been solved and it seemed that the town had settled down quite drastically.

i don't really know why i am heading back to riverdale. i don't necessarily have any business going back, other than seeing my family once again and meeting the newly founded family i have heard so much about.

   light droplets of water from the rain clouds above slammed themselves against the car's glass window. following, they would race each other down the window, disappearing out of sight as they reached the bottom. then, the cycle would continue.

   trees was all that could be seen. tress and a bumpy, narrow road up ahead. a huge, old sign with faded colors and old school writing, made out of wood, was the next thing we had past. i remember leaving this old place and reading the same sign, only it had a happy goodbye written on it, now it was a friendly welcome. i instantly remembered the riverdale i had left behind. after the longest car ride i had finally arrived back home. riverdale.

★ ★ ★ ★

   i stood still, nervousness washed over me. i stood a good 4 feet from the front door of my aunt alice's house. the thought of seeing everyone's faces again and seeing them after everything that i had heard from them while i was back living in city had make me sick to the stomach with nerves. small butterflies danced around my stomach. a smile crept its way up to face as i breathed out. i grabbed the handle of my suitcases. the suitcases lugged behind me as my heeled feet clicked their way up to the front door of the coopers. my feet stopped at the welcome mat that lay outside. i lifted my balled fist to the door. my knuckles making contact with the door. no more than 10 seconds later alice was standing in front of me, warm welcoming smile and arms stretched out wide embracing me into a lovely hug. "how have you been?" she questioned as she pulled away from me, her hands still placed on my arms. "i've been good" i smiled at her. "you've grown so much" alice said as she looked out me. "come in" she stood out of the way, letting me enter into the house. i walked in slowly, looking around, taking everything in. alice closed the door behind me, taking my bags from me. "oh, you don't have to do that" i said turning to look at her, my long blonde hair flowing around behind as i looked at her. "oh, shush, of course i do. you are out quest" alice said. "i'm also your niece. it's ok" i took a bag and let her lead the way up to the room i would be staying in. "sorry for betty absence. she out with that south sider boyfriend of hers at the moment but should be back later" she explained to me. "she's trying to save some diner fred andrews got shot in" she finished, looking back at me briefly through her explaining. "why" i asked, slightly giggling, confused. "i don't know" she breathed out quickly,shrugging, shaking her head. as we had reached the my room we heard the door open and close, signalling someone was home. "mum?" someone yelled from down stairs. "up here betty" alice yelled back. the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs, then betty's face come around the corner of the door frame. she looked over at me, confusion danced around in her head for second then her adorable smile popped up on her face as she stepped forward to hug me. "sabrina" she smiled as she wrapped her arms around me. betty looked so different, so grown up. she was probably thinking the same thing about me. alice stood in the back. "i've got some things to sort out downstairs. why don't you start unpacking and betty can help" alice said as she exited through the door, trotting her way down the stairs. "alice was saying something about you trying to save a diner tonight" i brought up as i i began to unzip one of my suitcases, opening the the front. "yeh. pop's. we're having a like a fund raiser to help save it" she smiled proudly as she explained her plans to me. "you should come along" she suggested awkwardly to me, unzipping another suitcase. "it'll be a great chance to meet everyone" she continued. pausing, i thought it over for a second, nodding a little. "yeh. sounds good" i smiled at betty. she turned around, putting some things away. "so" i say breaking the silence. "i heard there's a boyfriend" i smiled, looking at her with an eyebrow raised. she blushed and giggled slightly at the mention of her boyfriend. "yeh" she nodded. "well?" i sat on the bed, waiting for information. "what's his name? what's his story?" i continued. "his name is jughead" she smiled looking down, playing with her fingers and blushing. "wait, jughead jones?" my eyes went wide and big opened mouth smile, clearly surprised. "yeh" she giggled. "oh my. how long has this been going on for?" i stood back up. "a little while" she explained. "have u guys..?" i dragged out. hands making circle motions, grinning at her. as soon as she picked up on what i was saying, her eyes went wide. betty's face began to turn a light shade of red. "no" she chocked out. "well, we almost did, but we-no we haven't" she giggled out to me. "fair play, cousin" i titled my head at her. silence began to fall upon us again and we placed my belongings away. betty turned to me, the brightest smile on her face. "you should definitely come tonight" she grabbed my hands. "it'll be so much fun" she jumped ever so slightly. i breathed out as i smirked at her. "of course i will, betty" i titled my head at her. "good" she breathed out, still smiling as she walked out of my room. i smiled to myself finishing up in my room.

★ ★ ★ ★

   i made my own way to pop's. following the directions betty had texted to me. the dark was over took the town of riverdale. the night sky blank with a dark blue blanket. my heels clicked their way down the paths, passing all the landmarks i remembered as a kid. soon enough, the bright lights glowed in the dark, leading me straight ahead to the glowing neon red sign spelling 'pop's'. three girls stood on the top of the building, in shorts and yellow shirts. the sweet sound of music began to come more clear. their voices mixed beautiful in a most peaceful and soothing way. i began to make my way through the crowds of people standing around watching the girls preform. i looked around. searching for betty within the mass of people slightly moving to the beat. people turned to look at me, noticing that they had never seen me before. i didn't stop to stare back i just kept my eyes forward for betty. soon, her blonde ponytail come into my view. i sighed out in relief. i began to speed up a little towards betty. without noticing my shoulder slightly knocked into someone. i spun around to look at the person i had run into. a much larger body turned around to look at me. "i'm sorry" i whispered out to him as i began to walk away again. before i could go, he placed his hand on the small of back. "it's ok" he said back in a low voice. i turned to look up at him. his dark eyes were already looking at me. his dark floppy hair hung loose in front of his forehead, his lips slightly pouting. he stared down at me, smirking a little as he did. he lightly shook his head. "i'm reggie" he smiled a half smile at me. i licked my lips, giggling ever so lightly. "i'm sabrina. i'm a cousin of betty cooper's" i returned his smile, sticking a hand out for him to except. his placed his much larger hand in mine, shaking it slightly, nodding his head at me. he breathed in. "can i take you out sometime?" he raised his eyebrow at me. i smiled, breathing out surprised. "um" i looked down. "yeh, sure" i looked back up to him. "cool" he nodded slightly. i smiled at him once more before turning around and continuing to trot my way over to my cousin that was currently swaying in the arms of jughead, enjoying the sound of music coming from the roof of pop's.

★ ★ ★ ★

a/n

yay, the first part of my new book! i plan of updating heaps in this book, my gotham book and many more books i have planned for the future.

thank you all for the love and support.
xx

dec 2018 | duhaddy