↳ part two

PART TWO

★ ★ ★ ★

( sabrina's p.o.v )

   I SAT ALONE at the a local riverdale bar, still sighing in relief that they had taken my fake i.d and i had avoided trouble once again.

★ ★ ★ ★

pushing my long, straighten blonde hair over my left shoulder, i look down at the drink i had order. a blue lagoon. one of my all time favourite drinks to have when i just needed to think. putting my elbow on the edge of the bar counter, i rested my chin the palm of my head, sighing a little. i lifted the drink up to my lips and tilted it upwards, the disgusting taste of vodka flowed it's way into my mouth and down my throat. placing the empty glass on the counter i pushed it forward with my finger tips, the glass sliding slightly forward. i huffed out a deep breathe through my nose, sitting there by myself. out the corner of my eye i saw the frame of a bigger person sit down beside with a huff, flinging his forearms onto the bar counter with force. i could slightly see his outline. he looked tough and big, someone that if i saw in the street i would turn and walk the other direction. "oi!" he called out to the bar tender. the bar tender turning around a grin soon evolved on his face at the sight of the guy that was next to me. "hey mate. how you doing?" the bar tender asked as their hands collided in a hand shake type thing. "i've been good man" the tough guy next to me spoke. his voice was deep and sexy, it almost sounded unique. "what you having?" the bar tender said, turning around as he spoke. "just a beer man" tough guy said in response, placing his hands together as he was hunched over slightly. i looked back down at the empty glass in front of me, eyes occasionally looking back over at the boy sitting beside me. he turned his head, looking in my direction. i could feel his eyes on me. looking at me up and down. i didn't dare to look back at him. instead i kept my eyes down, the knowledge of him looking at me in the back of my head. "you new here?" he asked, turning slightly in his seat to face me more. my heart began to pound a little bit within my rib cage. i turned my head a little, so i could look at him to answer his question. his facial features were soft, but his eyes were hard and dark as they glare into your soul. his dark hair swooped into front of his forehead, the rest was greased back like a greaser from the outsiders. and a leather jacket hung loosely around his very well built frame. "um, kind of. i use to live here" i explained to him, looking up at him and then back down. "why are you back" he lightly laughed as he asked. "i'm just seeing family again" i said shaking my head slightly, smiling up at him. "i'm sweet pea, by the way" smiling he placed a hand out in front of me, welcoming me to shake his hand. "sabrina" i accepted. his hands were warm and felt delicate for the look of him. his name was one i was not expecting. he certainly didn't look like a sweet pea, i wonder why he calls himself that. "how long are you staying for" he questioned, eyes still on me as he took a sip from his drink. "quite a while. i might even just stay here" i say smiling as i scan around the place, looking back at him a smile coming to play on his tough looking face.

★ ★ ★ ★

   sweet pea and i continued to chat well into the night. sipping our drinks and flirting with each other, not even trying to hide it. he seemed like such a nice guy. he didn't talk much about himself or where he came from, but i began to understand his personality a little better. he turned his head slightly, the collar of his flannel shirt moved the ever slightest, revealing the head of snake tattooed on his neck. i didn't see the rest, only the head of the snake pointing its tongue out, facing upward to his jaw. before i had finished examining his tattoo his head turned back around to face me, my eyes looking back up to meet his. he licked his lip slightly as he smiled at me, looking down at his drink. "yeh, i know, it's not the prettiest of thing" he said, like he had read my mind. "it's different" i shrugged. "do you want me to walk you home?" he looked up through his eye laces at me. "only because it getting rather dark and it can get dangerous on the streets sometimes" he finishes his sentence, asking nervously. i smiled at him, him acting adorably. "yes, that'd be good, thanks" i giggled at him as i began to stand up. him following my actions.

★ ★ ★ ★

   making our way to the door, he said bye to a few people that he must have knew as we past them. he walked a head a little in front as we approached the door. he grabbed the handle and pushed the door open, holding it open for me. as if time had slowed down for a moment, he spun his head to look at me. smile creeping up on his face, hair swooshing around in his movements. i walked past past him, smiling and grinning at him like a little girl smiles at her first crush. "thanks" i said in almost a whisper. i stepped out, the cold air of the night hit me lightly, blowing around me. i lightly shivered at the contact of the cold air. sweet pea must have noticed my actions because he placed his large leather jacket over my shoulders in attempt to keep me warm. i liked back up into his dark, but dreamy eyes, smiling at him, cheeks turning a light red.

we walked down the street the coopers lived on, chatting softly between us, the night air blowing lightly, the stars glowed from up above making the night seem like a fairy tail. our hands hung loosely beside our sides. my pinky lightly knocked against his. his pinky reached for mine, locking it in with his. our hands swayed back and forth and we walked, a comfortable silence had fallen upon us. we stopped in front of the coopers. my pinky letting go of his. his hand dropped to his side. i took his jacket off my shoulders, the cold nipping at my now warm skin. i handed the jacket back to him, thanking him for his jacket. we both grinned at each other, smiling and chuckling at each other. "i best go inside" i said to him. he nodded in response. "see ya, sweet pea" i smiled, going up on my top toes i kissed him lightly on the cheek. walking up to the house, i turned my head over my shoulder and looked behind at sweet pea. he stood there. hands in his pockets, still grinning at me. i opened the door and gave him a small wave once again before slipping inside. i shut the door behind me, placing my back up against the door, still smiling and blushing over tonight.

★ ★ ★ ★

   a few days had past since i had seen sweet pea. i hadn't heard from him or even seen him around riverdale. i didn't let that get to me. i made my way down the halls of school. i slight jump in step. one foot in front of another as my heels clicked as the made contact with the tilted flooring. people would turn their heads and look at me out of the corner of my their eyes. i stopped in front of my locker, having slight trouble opening it. i notice reggie slam himself up against the locker next to me. "hello" he said smoothly as he looked at me up and down. "hey reggie" i said as i finally opened my locker placing my handbag inside. "what you doing after school" he asked licking his lips at me. i giggled at him "nothing". "meet me at pops tonight. say around 7" he raised an eyebrow at me. "yeh, ok" i smiled at him, light blush creeping up my face as he turned away and walked his way down the hall, high-fiving his friends as he walked past them. i turned my attention back on my locker.

★ ★ ★ ★

dec 2018 | duhaddy