↳ part three

PART THREE

★ ★ ★ ★

( sabrina p.o.v )

I TROTTED DOWN  the stairs the next morning, hearing the little chatter of my family in the kitchen. i quieting my footsteps i listened in on their conversation a little more, trying to remain as out of sight as i could.
"every time that you walk out that door" i could hear alice say, sounding as she was crying. she took a deep, shaking breathe in. "every time i call you when you don't pick up the phone. my heart stops" she continued to chock out. i wondered who she was talking to or how all this was brought up into conversation. "but how am i supposed to protect you two girls?" she cried out. "right, when you go out and do this" finishing her sentence. she breathed in again. anger building up without her voice. "and then you try to make me the monster" alice said as a loud bang also helped finish that line, spooking me slightly. there was a moment silence before alice took in a shaking breathe as she continued to cry. i heard footsteps and soon she came into view, eyes red and watery from crying, lips quivered. i didn't know what to do but my beloved aunt was upset. i walked up to her placing my arms her. she cried into me as i pat her back. running my hands up and down her back trying to comfort her while she was upset. i wondered what had happened to cause alice to get this upset.

★ ★ ★ ★

i sat at school with veronica, betty, kev and reggie. reggie and i were sat together on a couch, his arm lazily hung around my shoulders as i lead my head back, resting it on his forearm. betty spoke to jughead on the phone, him now not attending the same school as betty anymore. he was now going to a school on he other side of town. the south side. "bye?" she spoke quietly into the phone as she pulled it away from her ear and looked down at it, eyebrows knitted together. she sat down in a huff, sounding slightly annoyed. we all thought the same thing and excused ourselves from the room to allow betty to have some time to herself.

★ ★ ★ ★

reggie and i cruised down the halls of riverdale high. his arm still hanging over my shoulders, him showing me off proudly like some trophy he had won. and if i was being completely honest, is didnt mind one bit. i smirked as i kept my head held high as we pasted everyone, most people giving us both looks as we strutted our way together. reggie was one of the hottest guys that attended riverdale high so i was pretty happy with that and how things were going. i didn't think to much of the boy i had met at that bar a couple of nights ago. i never really heard from him again and i didn't bother to ask anyone about him. doubting anyone would have even heard of him. walking down the opposite direction to reggie and i was archie. archie had grown a little fame from recently posting a threat video to the so called black hood. some thought it was great, others didn't have the same look on things. reggie was apart of archie's little red circle they had going on. i was concerned for reggie but more proud of him for acting like a big man and fighting back. "andrews" reggie said as we pasted archie, reggie high-fiving archie as we walked past each other. i just nodded at him with a smile. archie doing the same in response at me. "what you wanna do tonight?" reggie asked me, looking around at the school. "not sure" i breathed out back to him. as reggie was about to speak again the bell rang cutting him off. "i gotta go" reggie said, removing his arm from my shoulders, kissing me in the cheek as he smiled at me, running off down the hall. i met up with veronica and we both wondered off to our next class together, chatting away to each other.

★ ★ ★ ★

i walked through the door of coopers, arriving home after spending some time with reggie. "i didn't know what to do or who to call" betty said in a sad tone, sounding as if it was coming from the kitchen. "baby" alice's voice rung out in a calming tone in attempt to comfort betty. "please tell me what's going on so i can make it better" alice spoke to better. by this time i had walked through, concerns written all over my face, worried about what has happened to betty. i walked up to me as betty began to explain the situation. "i got this envelope" she said looking at both alice and i. "at the blue and gold" she finished before alice cut in. "not another letter from the black hood?" alice said, sounding alert. another latter from the black hood? why does everyone just happen to miss all this information when they are talking to me. "no" betty breathed out as she looked down the note written in some kind of characters. "only this letter" betty continued as alice picked it up, allowing me to see as well i peered over her shoulder to try and make out this weird letter given to betty.
alice later on went on about taking this to the sheriff for further investigation into it. betty and i staying behind. "are you alright betty?" i asked already knowing her answer. she continued to look down, blankly. "yeh" she said so bluntly at me. "i'm sorry this is happening to you. if you ever need someone" i say to her placing my hand on her shoulder, rubbing my thumb slightly to comfort her. betty's phone began to ring, snatching both of our attention. jughead's name popped up on the screen. betty reached for her phone, picking it up and answer all in one swift movement. "hello?" she spoke softly into the phone. she turned to give me a small smile before exiting out of the room, i just gave her a small wave in return as she left the room talking to jughead over the phone.
not even ten minutes later betty is back through the living room where she was just a few moments ago. "i have an idea" she said as she entered back into the room, not making eye contact with me. she began to look around for something. "where is it" she began to sound annoyed. "what are you looking for?" i stood up from the couch. "the letter" she said bluntly. "alice took it remember?" i said. "i have copy tho" i said holding my phone. smirk on my face as betty turned around, hope in her eyes as i pasted her my phone. "how?" she looked at me. "took a quick photo before alice went to the police station" i shrugged as betty made her way to the printer. sitting back down on the couch i waited for her to get back and soon enough she came waking quickly into the room, eyes fixated on the paper she had before her. she put my phone down and in return she picked up hers. she hit a few buttons and then placed the phone to her ear. waiting for whoever to answer. after a few rings she took the phone away from her ear, turning it off and then placing in her back pocket. "i'll be upstairs" she said in an excited tone, smiling half heartedly at me and she began her way up the stairs. before i could even respond she was up in her room doing who knows what.

★ ★ ★ ★

dec 2018 | duhaddy