↳ part five

PART FIVE

★ ★ ★ ★

( sabrina p.o.v )

REGGIE'S ARM WAS hung over my shoulders typically. i held half the load of pizza reggie had brought to archie's. reggie, i and a few other bulldogs treked up the stairs of the andrew's house, pausing ourselves outside the door. reggie knocked 3 times on the wooden door. lightly flashed as reggie shifted his weight to his other foot as he let his arm fall to to his side, tilting his head slightly as we waited for someone to answer the door. soon enough, archie was at the door, veronica not too far behind him. "reggie?" veronica asked as she looked at archie then back the reggie and the group outside, both arch and veronica sharing the same confused facial expression. "can we come in?" reggie asked, smirk on his face as he stepped forward me perched under his arm, bulldogs following after him. the boys and i welcomed ourselves into archie's place, me saying a quick hello to archie as i pasted him. after everyone was in veronica shut the door after us, a clear annoyed expression on her face at the unexpectedness of our arrival. "to what do you owe this unexpected honor?" veronica asked in a sly sounding voice as she placed herself down on a single chair in the corner, under a lamp, giving the dime room some light, looking at everyone that had placed themselves on the couch, opening up pizza boxes. reggie sat up a bit in his seat next to me. "archie could've told weatherbee that the hood was mine-" he explained to veronica and arch, holding his half eaten pizza in his hand. he then look at archie "-but he didn't" he said in a thankful tone of voice. "in the book of the of reg-" a classic line he uses on me quite frequently. "-that makes you a top-tier loyal badass. and we were talking today and decided if you wanna keep the red circle going we're here for you dude" reggie said to arch, using his half eaten pizza to point in archie's direction. as archie was about to thank the boys and reggie the sound of engines would be heard faintly from outside. veronica was the first to pick up, everyone else following. veronica leaped off her seat and rushed to the front door, looking a little annoyed. i got up also, following close behind her. i didn't quite like veronica but i knew she wouldn't have a clue on how to defend herself if it were any danger or trouble. she stood on her top toes as she peaked out the window that ran across the top of archie's front door. i was almost at the front door when i heard heavy footsteps make their way up the stairs. a few pairs of feet could be heard, sounding like 5 or 6 people. i looked over the top of veronica's head, excepting the worse. as if right on cue sweet pea and i's faces met, both of us surprised to see each other's. he continued to charge up the stairs, a group of serpents followed behind. veronica turned around, calling out for archie. i slightly moved her out the way, opening the door to group of serpents but also the boy i thought was better then this. cold air rushed inside the open door. i stood a hand on my hip and an unamused expression clear on my face. "look who it is?" sweet pea said breathing out, clearly surprised but trying to keep his cool in front of his mates. i opened my mouth to speak but archie was soon behind me looking out side at the serpent. i could feel archie's was growing madder with them arriving at his house. "and red isn't too far behind" sweet pea also spat out looking back between us. archie slightly moved me out the way, sweet pea's eyes following me as reggie came up behind, wrapping his arms around my waist securely. sweet pea's eyes lifted from me at the sight of reggie showing affection towards me, his eyes back on arch. "how stupid are you northsiders?" sweet pea asked archie, an evil grin on his face. " you really think you can come to my house-" sweet pea began, leaning in closer to archie, a face of thunder. "stick a gun in my face in front of my boys and there wouldn't be any payback?" he continued, looking archie dead in the eyes as he spoke. my eyes didn't leave sweet pea for one moment as he spoke. sweet pea looked down at me for a second, reggie letting go of my waist and knocking me the side slightly as he stepped forward to the front door. sweet pea's eyes left me and fell on reggie, sweet pea growing angry with reggie. "you have crap timing, bro" reggie spoke up, in a sarcastic tone as he held the door open. he started to walk out a little, i quickly grabbed his hand, him flicking me off. in defeat i stepped back, just looking down. "bulldogs eat serpents for lunch" reggie soar at sweet pea, his height no comparison to sweet pea's. sweet pea looked down on him, an amused look on his face. "we'll see about that" he smiled fakely at reggie. sweet pea looked up, avoiding eye contact with me. "and more the merrier" he projected to everyone standing inside, stepping forward as he did. reggie's hand slammed against sweet pea's chest, pushing him back slightly. archie grabbed reggie's arm pulling it off sweet pea, reggie gaze still strong on sweet pea. "hey, chill" arch spoke to reggie, him turning around to look at us behind him. "veronica stay here" archie said to her " what? archie, no-" veronica began to say before being cut off by archie's protests against her. "veronica, after my dad.." arch began to say, me zoning out of the conversation i stared at sweet pea and how tough he looked. i sighed at the thought of him hiding who he really was when we had first met, him now being someone i did not recognise anymore. his eyes soon locked into mine. i slightly shook my head at him as i breathed out, a disappointing smile crept up to my face, his facial expression dropping as the disapproval i showed. archie turned back around standing in front of sweet pea blocking our view of each other. "if you wanna fight, we'll fight" archie said bravely against the serpents. "what about your gun?" sweet pea asked looking at arch up and down. "what about your knife" archie struck back. "how about no weapons" veronica pitched in. "if you troglodytes insist on doing this there are gonna be rules. or should i call sheriff keller to be referee?" veronica finished stepping forward, arms crossed i front of her chest. "ok, deal" sweet pea agreed, archie nodding in agreement also. the serpents began to walk down the steps. "come on sabrina. i want you to watch me beat up these serpents" reggie said turned and grabbing my wrist, pulling me out the door. i walked past sweet pea, not looking up at him, reggie pulling me under his arm leading me to his car. i feared for sweet pea, praying he wouldn't get hurt. i felt bad that i wasn't fully loyal to reggie. i still had feelings for him but seeing sweet pea brought back the feelings i had developed for him when we met. i jumped in the passenger side of reggie's car, sighing deeply at the stupid idea of this outsider idea of a rumble.