↳ part eleven

PART ELEVEN

★ ★ ★ ★

( sabrina p.o.v )

LAYING AWAKE AT night, starring my blank ceiling as the image of a cold, blue, dead chopped off finger replied in my head a million times. archie was over helping betty with the finger she had received and i didnt want to get evolved anymore than i had ready.

i huffed as i pulled myself from my bed. the though of water and that it might help me fall alseep sprung to my mind. with eyes shut in annoyance i rose from my bed and walked slowly to door. in one swift movement i pulled the open and stepped outside, all while bumping into archie which was on his way out.

"sorry, arch" i whispered to him with a sleepy smile.

"its ok. you alright?" archie questioned as he stopped still in front of me.

"im fine, i just cant fall asleep because the image of the finger.." i trailed off but he understood what i was saying.

"betty and i are in the same boat" he nodded his head and looked down a bit. "is that why up are up now?" he asked with a concerning voice, i just nodded as i made my way passed him and placed a foot on the stairs. i looked behind me to notice archie was doing the same. i moved down the staircase slowly, i still being half sleep and tired and archie followed behind patiently.

standing in the kitchen arch remained with me, the pair of us quiet as we avoided eye contact.

"so, how are you enjoying riverdale so far?" he asked to break the deathly silence between us.

i looked up at him and giggled a response. "its alright" as soon as i said it sweet pea came to mind and everything leading up to this. all that has happened since moving. some good, but some bad too.

arch nodded at me as he looked up at me, our eyes meeting. he just looked at me for a while before he broke the silence once again.

"i better get going" pushing himself off the counter and stood awkwardly.

"ill walk you out" i told him as he smiled at me. walking slightly in front of him i opened the door for him, the cold breeze getting in as i did. he waved to me as i watched in safely walked to his house next door. he would turn his around to look at me as he left, me still standing at the door. the breeze sent chills through me. my eyes left arch and inched their way around the dark street, sighing i shut the door remembering to lock it and double lock it before i went back upstairs to attempt sleep again.

after much more overthinking about the finger my body froze at the sound of something outside my door. i sat up in my bed, eyes wide and heart racing. i flung my legs out the side of my bed and crept over to the umbrella in the corner of my room. being careful to not make a sound i stood face to face with my door, preparing myself for whatever stood on the other side. in one quick motion i yanked the door open to a surprised and scared betty. my arms dropped as i looked at her.

"what the hell are you doing" i asked her and my arms folded in front of me.

"nothing" she whispered back to me. i hummed in response to her obvious lie.

"i don't care, i'm just curious as to where you could possibly be going at this hour in the morning, dear cousin. that's all" i whispered to her, placing my weapon of defence back in my room, keeping my eye on betty.

"you sound like cheryl" she hissed. i remained quiet. "just be safe, you silly girl" i shook my head as i looked at her. a small smile appeared on her face and she agreed. i watched as she tip-toed her way to the front of the house, flash light in hand looking like a true detective.

huffing i closed the door quietly behind myself, my room falling into complete darkness again, remembering where my bed was placed.

★ ★ ★ ★

duhaddy | 2021