↳ part ten

PART TEN

★ ★ ★ ★

   ( sabrina p.o.v )

THE CHILLED AIR blew its way around riverdale that december afternoon, most of the town came to pop's looking at trees that fred and archie andrews had set up, sipping milkshakes as smiles were everywhere to be seen. for once, riverdale seemed like a normal town. no death, no drugs rather happiness and warmth.

   i walked around like most of riverdale, checking out trees along with alice, betty by my side. each tree was different and unique, each one having a small quirks about them. i couldn't stop smiling. i was happy, genuinely happy. at the moment it seemed that everything was going right and there was nothing to worry about. no black hood, no judgement, no division between sides. we were a normal town for just that one moment. the beauty of christmas time.

   looking at the diversity of trees my eyes dragged over everyone of them, a smile still picking at the corners of my mouth. alice had wondered off, getting distracted by the holiday cheer and christmas trees as i continued to wonder around, looking at trees and listening to crunch of snow under my slightly heeled shoes. my hooded coat swung and swayed as my legs moved and the wind secretly snuck its way up and under the warmth of my coat.

   chilled hands touched the prickled leaves that stuck out from the tall christmas trees. as i looked this one up and down a child like grin popped to my face at the thought of christmas, my dimples popping out too. crowds of people stood around; high schoolers, parents, children and even some southsiders proudly stood by their bikes could be seen. i swiftly scanned the south siders, but to much of my surprise a certain serpent wasn't there along with the mixed faces of other serpents i hadn't seen much of.

   i glanced up at the two familiar faces that sat inside pop's on this chilly evening. with a small and hopeful smile i set off to greet them and catch up. my legs quickly carried me to the door, as i reaches my hand out to open the door fred stood on the inside, ya both sharing startled expressions.

   "you and the cooper's need a tree, sabrina?" fred asked with a jolly and happy spirit as he held the door open for me.

   "that would be lovely, mr andrews. alice and i will be out shortly to pick one. you and archie always have the best trees" i spoke back to him, his happiness radiating off onto me as we made small talk.

   he nodded and headed back to the snowy yard where his fine trees stood tall, and i continued inside where the air was warmed and smelt of burgers and milkshakes. looking over i could see my favourite redhead and a dark haired serpent finished off with his signature beanie. they were making small talk before i appeared in front of them. archie lifted his head and a small boomed off his face, jughead looking up too.