Chapter 1: The First Day

--
Alchemy: the science of understanding, deconstructing and reconstructing matter. However, it is not an all-powerful art. One cannot create something out of nothing. If one wishes to obtain something, something of equal value must be lost. That is the law of equivilant exchange.
--

"How can you be so mean? Can't you see he's crying, Kacchan?"
You watched as your best friend, Izuku, stood his ground against his and your's ex-friend and bully, Katsuki. You wanted to rush in and help him, but what could a meek and weak little Quirkless girl do against three Quirk users, one of which was the strangest kid in the neighbourhood. The only thing you could do was watch as Izuku got beaten up by Katsuki and his two lackeies.

--

You and Izuku were like two peas in a pod, you sticked to eachoter like glue. After all, the Quirkless stay together. You both were a part of the estimated 20% that didn't have any powers, and were often monked by the ones that did, especially Bakugo. So, you two defended eachoter, it was you two against the world. Unfoutunately, you two would soon be separated.

--

"Ow." You said as a heavy book fell on your head. It seems that while trying to help your dad clean up his study room, you made an even bigger mess.
"[Name], dear, are you OK?" your father asked you as he handed you a cold towel to make the pain go away.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You said as you pressed the cold cloth against your forhead. You looked at the book that caused you this pain. "Alchemy..." You read the title. Picking up the book, you turned towards your father, "What kind of book is this?"

"Oh, that's from my early days of studying alchemy. You've seen me use it." your father said, "Remember that one day during December and you were upset that it was raining, instead of snowing?"

"Yeah. You turned the water into snow." You recalled. "I thought that was your Quirk."

Your father kneeled down to your four-year-old body and put a finger on his lips, as if he was telling you a secret. "No. To be honest, I am Quirkless, just like you." Your eyes widened. Was this really true? "Alchemy is a science, you don't need a Quirk to study or preform it, but it makes you look like you have a powerful Quirk."

You looked at the book once again. Could you possibly learn alchemy? Dad said you didn't need a Quirk for it. And if you did learn it, you could help Izuku and maybe put Bakugo back in his place. That's it. "Dad, I want to learn alchemy. I want to be just like you."

"Are you sure about that? Studying it takes a lot of time and it's not easy." but despite his words, you stayed true to your decision. He patted your head, "Maybe when you're older." Your father looked at you, saddness in his eyes. He knew the reason why you wanted to learn alchemy. Even if you tried to deny it, deep down you wanted a Quirk, or something that could make you strong.

--

"Wait, you're leaving?" Izuku asked. You had told him that you and your dad would be moving to another country soon. "Why? Where?"

"A country named Amestris. Daddy that there lives a friend of his, who could teach me alchemy." you told the All Might fanboy.

"But why wold you want to learn that? Aren't you happy here?"

"I do want to stay here, but there are just so many more oportunities in Amestris, that I can't have here in Japan." you explained, "Alchemy isn't something that's practised here, but it is studied there."

After a moment of silence, Izuku spoke up, "Will I ever see you again?" Holding out your pinkie finger, you made a vow.

"I promisse that as soon as I master alchemy, I'll come back to Japan, find you again and we'll become heroes together." You said, a smile on your face. "Then we'll show Bakugo who's boss."