Chapter 4: An Alchemist's Anguish

A.N. A lot of people have asked questions about the story in the comments on all the websites/apps I have uploaded this story onto. And they're all fair questions that I will answer right now. I will not give out big spoilers for those who don't want to be spoiled. I will also answer some questions that people have not asked, but I feel the need to answer them to make sure no one gets confused.

What canon of FMA will you be I be following?

I will be following the manga/Brotherhood cannon. I can understand why some people might have been confused, as some of the things I wrote in the earlier chapters didn't happen in Brotherhood. The reason for this is because I have the first three volumes of the manga and it was just easier to write based on that, instead of constantly pausing videos of different episodes, watching scenes over and over again to make sure I didn't miss any dialogue or important detail. All of that and constantly changing tabs to write everything down would have greatly lengthened the time it would take me to write a chapter (which so far have been around 3000-4000 words, but the'll become longer).

Why was the Liore episode split into two chapters?

Because writing it took longer than I thought it would, and I really wanted to post something that week.

When will the reader character go to U.A.?

The reader will go back to Japan after the Greed arc.

Who will be the love interests in this?

Go to this link (). This'll take you to the same story on Archive of Our Own with all the love interest I have currently planned for. The list might change in the future.

Will there be multiple endings for each love interest?

No. There is only one ending and I'll choose who the reader will end up with based on the couple's popularity and what makes sense in context of the story and characters.

Since Envy is on the list, will some of the other villains (like Shigaraki or Dabi) or Pro Heroes (All Might or Aizawa) be a love interest?

God, no. The only reason why Envy is on the list is because in the beginning I wasn't even sure if I wanted to include him, but since FMA really only had Ed and Ling whom I could pair the reader up with, I decided to add him. And even then, his feelings towards the reader character won't really be romantic or sexual, more like a weird mix of morbid curiosity and hatred towards her. A tsundere yandere, if you prefer that term.

The reader character is canonically 15 years old, so the thought of pairing her up with Shigaraki, who was recently confirmed to be in his twenties, is repulsive to me. Like, even before his age was stated in canon, I already suspected that he must have been at least 19 years old. Keeping in mind the way he referred to the students of 1-A during the USJ incident as "kids" and the fact that he just looked a lot older than them and the timeline of events and ages of other characters, he had to have been a legal adult. So, no. Only the students of U.A. and a few other characters will be the love interests.

--

Last time: The town of Liore had fallen under the control of Father Cornello, a corrupt priest who used alchemy and the Philosopher's Stone to deceive his followers. Ed, Al and [Name] came to Liore and put a stop to the man's plans. The Philosopher's Stone, however, was revealed to be a fake. Their leader exposed as a fraud, the hopes of the citizens of Liore were crushed. "Stand up and walk. Move forward." - these were Ed's words to Rose, words he had once needed to hear himself.

--

Midnight. The silver moon hovered over Central, giving the large city a beautiful glow. The streets were empty, devoid of people. All except for one state alchemist. He wandered the barren road all alone. That loneliness was soon shattered by a tall stranger, who was standing in the middle of the road. It was dark, but the alchemist could make out that the stranger was a tall, clearly adult male, who had short, white hair and brown skin. His eyes were hidden by a pair of oval-shaped sunglasses, he wore a yellow jacket and long, black pants.