Chapter 2

Tuesday,December 11th 12:45 p.m

Roman sat at lunch with his friends and a few other people who he didn't know too well.

"Oh my god, guess what I heard earlier" the boy sitting across from from him.

"what?" Roman asked kind of intrigued.

"Some kid's dad had to have a talk with one of the teachers because the kid has no friends."

This intrigued Roman even more "Who was it?" Roman asked.

"Virgil." said the one the one boy pointing at him.

" He probably has no friends because he looks like an emo nightmare" Roman said.

"What if one of us pretended to be his friend for like a week as a joke" said a boy sitting next to the boy sitting across from Roman. Everyone involved in the conversation played rock paper scissors to see who had to pretend to be Virgil's friend. Roman had lost the most amount of rounds so he was the one who had to talk to him.

"Hi" Roman said sitting down next to Virgil.

Virgil quickly responded with "No." Roman sat there for a second trying to think of a clever response until Virgil continued talking, "emo nightmare huh. I'm flattered." He said sarcastically before putting on his headphones.

" I didn't take you for the type of person who likes the Nightmare Before Christmas" Roman said smugly. "You should probably turn down your music."

"How could you tell it was the Nightmare Before Christmas by only a few seconds of the song?"

"Because it's Disney Virgil!" Roman said unable to contain himself immediately covering his mouth with his hand.

" So you like Disney and your last name is Prince. Can I call you Princey?

"Can I call you Hot Topic?"

"Aww you think I'm hot."

"I'll come up with a different nickname eventually."

Virgil rolled his eyes "Whatever, it's not like well ever talk to each other again."

"Just don't tell anyone about the whole Disney obsession thing. I'm not ashamed of it it's just no one else would understand, and I might not know you well but now that I've actually sat down and actually spoken with you you seem like the kind of person who would understand being misunderstood. There's more to you than meets the eye. I know I seemed like a total asshole but once you get to know me I'm not that bad."

Before Virgil could say anything the bell rang.

December 11th 1:15 p.m.

Roman sat down in class he never really noticed Virgil in that class before but now Virgil wasn't just some emo kid with no friends he he saw someone who he wouldn't mind being friends with. There Was something about Virgil that made him want to be near him.

"good afternoon class." said the teacher.

The class responded with mumbling that vaguely sounded like 'good afternoon'.

" You may have heard from your classmates in other periods that we are starting a project today. I can confirm that we are in fact starting a project today. In my opinion it is going to be 'lit'". He said pulling a vocabulary card with the word 'lit' written on it out of his pocket.

The entire class groaned.

I was going to let you pick your partners but now I am choosing. He picked up an empty jam jar with popsicle sticks with the students names on them and took two out of the jar. Everyone got out of their seats and stood at the back of the room anxious to find out who they'd be working with.