Chapter 4

Thursday December 13th 2018 12:45 p.m

“ So. Did you have fun yesterday Virge?” Roman said sitting down next to Virgil.

“Yeah, that's probably the most social interaction I've ever had with people my age.” Virgil said with a small smile.

“Really?” Roman said sarcastically.

“Yeah. You got a problem with it princey?” Virgil said equally sarcastic.”

“No that just means I get to talk to whenever I want.” Roman said smirking.

“What are you gonna do? Randomly show up at my whenever you want?”

“I mean if I want to,like, invite you to go somewhere with me or something you won't be that busy. But I think it's hilarious that you think I would do that.”

Virgil laughed but put his hand over his mouth and tried to hide it. “I can just imagine you climbing through my window and just saying hey and nothing else.”

Roman burst out laughing at Virgil's comment. “Only you would think of something like that.”

“That's probably because I probably would've done something like that when I was like five. If Patton didn't watch my every move at the time.”

“Who's window would you even go through at that age?” Roman said still laughing.

“Thomas's probably.” Virgil said laughing with Roman even though most people wouldn't have found it that funny.

“He probably wouldn't care if you just climbed through his window. Probably at like 3 A.m. just because you were bored.”

Roman and Virgil continued laughing.

“I think this is the most I've ever seen you laugh.”

“I've probably laughed more this week than in years.”

“Really?” Roman said going from laughing his ass off to completely serious.

“Yeah. It's fine though.”

“Are you sure?” Roman said concerned.

“Yeah.”

“I'm glad.” Roman said putting his hand on Virgil's shoulder supportively.

“What did I do to deserve you?” Virgil said under his breath.

“Whatever it was I'm glad you did it.” Roman said smiling at Virgil.

“How did this conversation go from so stupid to so reassuring in a matter of seconds.” Roman didn't answer the question he just continued smiling at Virgil. Virgil smiled back at him, then the bell rang and they had to go to their next class.

December 13th 2018 1:15 p.m

During class whenever Roman or Virgil got up to hand in a worksheet or something like that they would leave a note with something they thought was funny written on it on the other one's desk (they did this at least three times.) On the drive home from school they continued to do this but instead of passing notes they whispered it in each other’s ears.

December 13th 2018 2:40 p.m.

Both Roman and Virgil sat on the floor of Virgil's room. Roman had gotten lost in thought and hadn't noticed the weird feeling on his hand.

“Virgil,  what are you doing.

“Drawing.” Virgil said not looking away from what he was doing.

“On my hand.” Roman said looking confused.

“Yep.” he said looking at the drawing of the symbol on Roman's tan jacket with white sleeves and a red and white collar.  The symbol was on the sides of each sleeve and it looked like:

  The symbol was on the sides of each sleeve and it looked like:

“This looks really cool.” Roman said looking down at his hand.

“R-really.”

“Yeah.” Roman said enthusiastically.

“You need to stop complimenting me I have no idea how to respond.” Virgil said jokingly.

“Never.” Roman said dramatically. “So, can I draw on your hand too?”

“I guess.”

“What so you want me to draw?”Roman said grabbing a pen out of his backpack.

“How ‘bout a storm cloud?” Virgil said hesitantly.

“Any particular reason?”

“Patton got me this really cool jacket with one on it but I don't wear it because it's a little ‘out there’.

“Can I see it?” Roman asked excitedly.

“Um…..sure.” Virgil said standing up and getting the jacket out of the closest and putting it on.

“What do you think? Virgil said sitting back down.

‘I'm totally drawing that on your hand.” Virgil put his hand on the floor in front of Roman. When Roman finished drawing the storm cloud symbol on his hand he put his hand next to Virgil's. “We match now.” Roman said looking down at their hands.

“That's gay.” Virgil said also  looking down at their hands.

“Could be gayer.”

“That is the best thing you've ever said.” Virgil said looking up at Roman.

“Roman, your parents are here to pick you up.” Patton said standing in the doorway.

“See you tomorrow Virgil.”

“See you tomorrow princey