Chapter 8

Wednesday December 19th 12:45 2018

“My parents said it was okay for me to come over later. But Is there a reason you asked me to sleepover on a wednesday?” Roman said sitting down at the lunch table.

“because today is my birthday.” Virgil said nonchalantly.

“What! Happy birthday Virgil!” Roman hugging Virgil.

“It's no big deal.”said Virgil

“Are you kidding?! This is a huge deal!” Roman said hugging him even tighter. Virgil didn't say anything in response he just hugged back and enjoyed the feeling of Roman hugging him.

Wednesday December 19th 1:45 2018

“Why do you have so much stuff in your locker?” asked the boy who used sit with Roman before he met Virgil.

“I'm sleeping over at Virgil's house tonight. It's his birthday today.”

“When are you going to tell him it's a joke?”

“It's not a joke anymore he's actually a very amazing person.” Roman didn't want to tell him that it wasn't actually a joke and lose a lot of his friends because of it but Virgil was worth it and he couldn't keep up the facade forever.

“He's not that great, trust me.One day he'll just attack you randomly.” The boy said.

“That's a lie and you know it!”Virgil said from behind them.

“Don’t shout at me. Didn't your mother teach you any manners?” the boy said with an evil grin.

“Shut up!” Virgil said pushing him up against the lockers.

“Oh wait, you don't have one.” He said pretending to sound bored.

“I said shut up!” Virgil said about to punch the boy in the face.

“Virgil!” Mr.Logos (yeah that's what I decided to make Logan's last name.) yelled across the hallway causing Virgil to stop what he was doing.

“Detention both of you.”

Wednesday December 19th 2:40 2018

“So how did this whole thing start?” said the teacher sitting at the front of the detention room. Virgil said nothing he just really didn't want to talk about it.

“Virgil, why did you punch him in face?”

Virgil sunk down in his chair a bit. “I didn't punch him.” Virgil mumbled.

“You almost did.”

“I don't want to talk about it.” He said continuing to sink down in his chair.

“Virgil I need to know.”

Virgil sighed “look, this is what always happens he took things too far then I almost punch him.”

“I'm sorry Virgil, but you're going to have to more specific about what happened.”

“I'm really not comfortable talking about it.”

“Do you mind if I ask your father about it?”

“I guess I don't mind.”

“I suppose for now I'll try to keep you away from each other.”

“Okay.” Virgil and the boy said in unison.

Wednesday December 19th 3:05 2018

Virgil sat with the teacher in the detention room bored out of his mind. The boy had already gotten picked up. Until the door opened.

“Hi kiddo.” Patton said opening the door. Virgil headed towards the door and immediately ran into Roman.

“Happy birthday.” Roman said standing in the doorway.

“Thanks. Now, let's go get my stuff and get out of this hellhole.” Roman nodded and they both walked to Virgil's locker.

“He was bothering him again?” Patton looked at Logan.

“Does this happen often?” he asked.

“Not as much anymore but it used to happen a lot more but he was doing a little better and now that he has Roman he's doing even better than that.” said Patton.

“He never told me what provoked him. However he told me you could tell me.”Patton whispered what was going on in Logan's ear.

“Oh, can you ask him what I can do to help?”

“Okay, but hopefully chances of it happening again are-” Patton took a pause. “Infinitesimal.” then he started laughing.

“Patton I made that mistake over 15 years ago, just let it go.” Patton giggled.

“You're lucky you're cute.” Patton smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

“What the fuck just happened?!” Virgil said in complete shock. Patton’s smile disappeared. He didn't want Virgil to find out he was dating Logan yet. He didn't see Virgil in the doorway. He wondered how much of what just happened he saw?

“Virgil I promise I can explain when we get home, okay. Virgil nodded slightly trying to figure out why Patton would hide something like that. The ride home was pretty awkward. When they got home Virgil sat down with Patton on the couch and simply said “explain” while Roman sat down next Virgil unsure what to do.

“Alright kiddo, you deserve to know what's going on. When we were in college your teacher and I used to date but after we had been together for about 2 years he started going to another school. We tried to make things work but it didn't so we broke up and said we'd get back together after we graduate but he got caught up with teaching and I got up with being a dad but when I saw him again I gave him my phone number and we started talking again and we realised that we still had feelings for each other after all those years so we started dating again. I wasn't sure how you'd react to me dating your teacher so I kept it a secret. I should have told you. I'm sorry.”

“I forgive you.” Virgil said hugging Patton. Patton hugged him back like his life depended on it. After Patton and Virgil finished hugging Roman tapped Virgil on the shoulder to get his attention.

“Virgil if you don't mind me asking, I know it's a touchy subject and all and if you don't want to tell me that's fine but, what did happen with you and-”

“I was his only friend last year. A lot of people thought he was weird because he had a yellow snake eye. One time I said something stupid and I was like “where did my brain go” and he said wherever your mother is. I never tell anyone about my birth parents but he could tell that I didn't really have a mother around. And as much as I love being Patton’s son that slimy two faced snake child has no right to talk badly about them. Which he did pretty often after he found out it upset me.”

“aww, you poor thing, it took a lot to tell me that and I won't let him hurt you again.”Roman said hugging virgil.

“I’m okay now. I'm sorry for throwing you into all this insanity today.” Virgil said hugging back.

“Come on, it's your birthday let's go do something fun.”

“Wanna go watch the nightmare before Christmas?”

“Hell yeah!” both boys raced up the stairs they both watched disney movies but they still talked to each other and enjoyed each other's company Virgil rested his head on Romans chest and Roman played with his hair later on that night they fell asleep like that and the cuddled up together while they slept. Despite the bad things that happened that day the time they spent together made it worth it

(Hello it's me again the annoying bitch that wrote this thing so I yet again noticed a lot of people skipped the next chapter which if you don't want to read this I understand but it's actually one of the more important chapters but, I'll shut up now)