Chapter 7

Tuesday 12:45 December 18th 2018

“So what did the dragonwitch think about the makeup?” Virgil asked.

“She was absolutely furious, and my parents got so angry at her for being so unsupportive.”

“I know this is completely off topic and really short notice but do you wanna sleepover tomorrow? I mean Patton can drive us to school in the morning and shit.” Virgil said quickly but Roman still understood.

“I'll ask my parents but I would love to.” Something about the way Roman said ‘I would love to.’ made Virgil's heart flutter. But also the fact that he managed to ask a boy he recently found out he liked to sleep over at his house made him kind of proud of himself for once.

“I probably can go. I told my parents about you and they seem to like you.”

“Really?” Virgil asked.

“Yeah.” Roman said smiling contently at Virgil and Virgil slightly smiling back.

Tuesday 2:50 December 18th 2018

“It's kinda weird not having Roman around right now. Isn't it? And I thought he had play practice on Wednesdays and not tuesdays.” Patton said getting out of the car and heading inside after picking Virgil up after school.

“ I think it alternates and I wanted to talk to you about something.” Virgil said getting his bookbag and  following Patton inside.

“Is everything alright kiddo?” Patton asked sitting down on the couch inviting Virgil to sit down and talk to him.

“Yeah it's just, I just can't stop thinking about this one thing.” Virgil said sitting down with Patton.

“Would you mind telling me about it?” Patton asked with concern showing in his voice.

“I really like Roman. Like-like him. It's just, ever since we became friends I've connected with him in a way I've never really felt before I thought it was just close friendship but, I want a romantic  relationship with him. I want to kiss him and hold his hand, but that will never happen.”

Patton smiled supportively. “I'm sure he feels the same way, kiddo.”

Virgil sighed. “I doubt it.”