♕ one

easthaven is one of the biggest kingdoms in the world. king david is the heir to the throne, but not for long. his son, calum hood, is the next in line to rule the land of easthaven. the young prince is only twenty one, making him the youngest king.

but before the prince can take his place as king, he must marry. the prince can't rule easthaven alone and must have a queen by his side.

calum is free to marry any princess but must marry her before the beginning of next year, which is in five months. if the prince does not marry before then, an arranged marriage will be made and the prince will have no choice but to rule with the princess.

only problem though, calum doesn't want to marry a princess. he wants to marry a man, specifically one of their servants, ashton irwin.

the prince knows he can't marry another man, nor a servant, but he can't help the feelings that bubble in his stomach when he sees or speaks to ashton. the boy wasn't a servant to him, he was a friend, and calum wishes it could be more than that.

"a king can't simply rule their land with another king! there would be too much conflict and confusion, it is not safe."

calum doesn't see how having two kong's would cause such a ruckus. two men in power, what's so bad about that? how is it that queen jane and her wife can rule their land together, but calum can't rule with another man?

the prince knows it is wrong to even think about marrying ashton, but the boy is just so kind and beautiful. ashton would make a great king, if only he were a prince.

but oh, he was. the poor boy just doesn't know it.

ashton's mother was a princess. she fell in love with a market man, but could not marry him because of the ridiculous rules. one night they ran away, but soon were found by the guards and the man she fell in love with was killed in front of everyone.

a few weeks after his death, ashton's mother found out she was pregnant. she gave birth to him, but her father did not want to have a grandson who was made by a market man. so ashton was sent off to an orphanage. as he grew older he learned to properly clean, cook, and respect the royalty.

when ashton turned sixteen, he was sent to easthaven to be one of king david's servants. the boy was now twenty, not knowing a clue about his past, only being told that his parents just dropped him off at the doorstep of the orphanage he grew up in.

but when ashton sees queen anne on the television, he can not but help and see that she looks almost exactly like him. sometimes he thinks he is just seeing things, but when he goes into the bathroom and looks at himself in the mirror, he sees queen anne.

♕♕♕♕

i'm so so happy i brought this back! i hope you will enjoy this story just as much as i did!

this story will be short, fair warning. so hopefully i will finish this quickly.

all the love, ash