♕ twelve

calum didn't know what to do anymore. ashton was now suffering in the dungeon, days away from being killed. calum spent countless hours sobbing wishing that a miracle could happen and save the boy. he could break him out, and they could run away, but where to? calum is well known since he is a prince. everywhere he's go he would be noticed. so running away was not a option.

calum also was worried that ashton hated him. afterall, he is the reason why the boy is going to be executed. does he know why he is in there? or why his life will end in a few days?

he had to see him. there is nothing he can do to save ashton, but he just wants one more moment with him before he is gone.

calum waited until it was midnight, knowing the guards were practically half asleep around this hour since they work so much. he snuck into the dungeon, suddenly feeling sad. the celled room was practically empty. he would occasionally see a few bodies, not knowing if they were dead or alive.

he searched the cells until he found ashton, his chest tightening at the sight. never did he want to see ashton in a dungeon. he looked so miserable, curled into himself and shaking terribly. calum stole the key from the sleeping guard, being as quiet as he could be when he unlocked the cell.

when ashton heard the creak of the cell door opening, he sat up immediately, thinking that the king had changed his mind and was going to kill him now. no, it was not a guard nor the king. it was calum, and he didn't know if he should be happy or upset.

of course he missed the prince, how could he not? but he didn't want to get in even more trouble than he was now. he is lucky to still be alive, and not killed earlier in the day. he didn't even know the true reason why he was here. apparently he was caught talking to calum, and the king's threat was not a lie.

"ashton." calum whispered.

he pulled the boy into a hug, wanting to cry because this is his fault. he's the reason why ashton is in here. he is the reason why ashton will be dead.

ashton was shocked by calum's clingy action, not used to him being like this. he sounded worried, and by his body language there was something wrong with him. when calum started crying, ashton didn't know what to do. he has never seen calum cry, and he wanted to know why the boy was so upset.

"calum, why are you crying? what is wrong?" ashton asked, keeping his voice low so he doesn't awake a guard.

"you're in here because of me!" calum wailed.

ashton's heart broke. the boy really blames himself for something he didn't understand or do. "calum, it's not your fault."

the prince shook his head. "no! i-i told him a-and now you're in here!"

ashton looked at him confused. "told who what?"

it's now or never calum.

"i-i love you ashton."

♕ ♕ ♕ ♕

ADJKDSKSKDJ thREE MORE CHAPTERS