♕ seven

calum wanted nothing more but to burry himself into the ground at the moment. his father would not leave him alone, always pestering him to speak with the princesses that were desperately trying to get the prince's attention.

one princess though, was not like the other princesses. she stayed hidden, sipping on her champagne instead of chugging it down unlike the others. she refused to make eye contact with anyone, and declined the offers to dance. she seemed nice, and shy, and calum needed someone to talk to that wasn't basically saying "marry me now."

he noticed that the girl started to look panicked as he approached her, but then relaxed as calum gave her a small smile and kissed her hand. "how are you this evening, my lady?"

"i-i'm doing just fine, thank you for asking." she smiled, her dimples popping out.

"are you sure? i don't mean to push you but, you look a bit frightened to be here." calum asked, genuinely concerned for the princess.

the princess sighed and shook her head. "i, uhm, today is just not the greatest. my brother was taken years ago, and today is the anniversary of his disappearance." she frowned.

"i am so sorry, surely he will be found." calum apologized.

the princess shook her head. "i'm afraid not. he was taken into a orphanage just when he was born, to be a servant. i will never see him again."

calum's heart clenched. it is horrible how people can be. her bother was just a baby and was taken away from his family? that is no where near okay, and calum wished he could help her find him, but there's no way they could. the boy could be miles away, or possibly in a different country. he doesn't even know the boy's name, or what orphanage he was sent to.

"i can not imagine how you and your family feel. it disgusts me with how cruel people can be."

the princess nodded. "indeed your highness."

the two were quiet for a moment, not uttering a word to each other. it was a comfortable silence, and calum knew that he possibly just made a new friend. then the princess gasped and facepalmed. "oh my! i never introduced myself! i am yulia irwin."

and if ashton knew that his last name was irwin, his life as a servant would be no more.

but the king did, and once he finds out that calum has chosen yulia, everything will start to fall down.

♕♕♕♕

i'm sorry it's so short. originally the chapters were supposed to be 300-400 words but i kind of broke that a little bit didn't i?