0.2

The week past slowly, it seems as if each day lasted a lifetime. Friday finally came around but yet each second dragged. I punched at random keys on the keyboard hoping to pass some time. I checked my watch, still half the day left. I sighed and slumped back into my chair. I'd give up only I had student loans to pay.

"Oh Alison Matt wants you to update the employee files" Kate said pulling me out of my daydream.

"Isn't that your job?" I questioned.

"Apparently Matt wants to do them now. Don't ask" she said rolling her eyes.

"I won't" I laughed, standing up and heading to Matt's door. I knocked lightly and waited for permission to enter the room. I heard a come in from the inside and I opened the door slowly.

I very rarely entered Matt's office, only if I had too. It was your average managers office, desk, chairs, posters of various artists plastered on the walls, a few framed photos with platinum records and windows out onto the busy London streets.

"Ah Alison take a seat, I'll be with you in just one second" Matt said smiling. I smiled back and took a seat opposite him, while he typed away at his computer. He turned to face me and smiled.

"Right let's get started, full name?" Matt questioned.

"Alison Aine Copper" I answered.

"Like the car" Matt noted, "Age and Date of Birth"

"I'm 22, and birthday is the 29th of December 1994"

Matt nodded and we continued with the questions, which included my personal contact information, my emergency contact information, which was of course Megan considering she was the oldest friend I had here. More questions included was I single, answer was yes. My college details, a graduate of London City university with an English degree. And then the awkward question of family.

"So any relatives near by?" He asked.

I let out a sigh, "No, no there isn't"

Matt gave me a puzzling look.

"It's just me, unless there's long lost family in Australia I don't know about. My parents passed away when I was 17" I told him, looking at my hands that twisted and ringed in my lap.

"Oh Alison I'm sorry" he said. I gave him a smile to show no hard feelings. Updating my employee file ended pretty much after that. I saw no point in them, and some of the questions I found strange. I brushed it off, every company has different questions that needs to be answered.

As I exited the office, the women with blonde hair, 5 Seconds Of Summer's publicist, was walking in. I gave her a smile and she returned it.

"So Matt what have you got for me?" I heard her ask before the door closed, blocking the rest of the conversation from my ears. Kate told me I could take a 15 minute break so I took it as an opportunity to stretch my legs. I checked my phone for messages and had 6 in a row from Megan.

Megan: OMG Ali!!

Megan: I Can't believe it! You won't believe it!

Megan: I'm no longer SINGLE !!!!

Megan: Eeeeeeeppppppp!!!

Megan: I HAVE A BOYFRIEND !!!!!!

Megan: I call you later just thought I'd tell you x

I laughed at her messages and placed my phone back in my pocket and headed back to my desk post. My backside was just touching the chair cushion as the publicist lady emerged from Matt's office.

"The last one sounds perfect Matt" she said to him, and I hide my curiosity from the two.

"Well I'll call the boys tonight and see what they think, and then we can all talk tomorrow and see will it happen" Matt said.

Kate and I shared a confused glance but looked away from each other quickly to avoid suspicion. I shut down my computer and waved goodbye to Kate before heading home.

Today's antics in the office seemed off and didn't seem to add up to me. I could've been paranoid but why would an employer need to have my hair colour and eye colour. My hair colour changed regularly, now it was a dip dyed blonde with my natural brown roots showing. It was more professional for an office instead of my preferred out there colours of purple or blue.

My phone ringing beside me brought me back down to earth, and stopped me biting my nails. Megan wanted to FaceTime.

"Hey" I smiled once the call connected. I propped my phone up on the kitchen table so I could tie up my hair without dropping my phone to the floor, like I had done so many times in the past.

"Hey, so you know my news" Megan said and she couldn't keep the smile from her face.

"I know. Congrats by the way" I said smiling. We chatted for a bit about how Liam asked her out and how it was cheesy but super romantic at the same time.

"So how was your day?" She asked me.

"It was weird" I said and she waited for me to explain, "I don't know, first off my employee file was updated, with weird questions about my hair colour and eye colour"

"Well they are pretty unusual, they go from blue to grey to blue again" Megan laughed.

"I know but still, weird questions and then this publicist lady was in after me and said something about the last one was perfect or something and then Matt would talk to the boys, I don't know I think I'm paranoid" I said sighing.

"Well first thing, yes you are always paranoid. And second it's probably nothing Ali, it's just coincidence" Megan said.

"I guess" I said biting my nails, "You don't think they're like planing a publicity stunt?"

"What like getting someone a girlfriend?" Megan asked.

"I don't know maybe" I shrugged, "Nah we're overthinking"

"Maybe, but keep me posted" Megan laughed. The two of us continued to talk until nearly midnight. I was thankful I had the weekend off. I ended my phone call with Megan and then made my way to bed. I shrugged off my clothes and slipped into my pyjamas. I curled up in bed wrapping the duvet around me like a cocoon. All the while the publicity stunt idea circling my thoughts. People don't do that anymore. Or do they?

.....

Ok so still boring but bear with me, I'll get there eventually! So if you could vote, comment give advice what ever you want it'd be much appreciated :) thanks guys ! Xoxo