1.5

The wedding reception was in full swing. I made my way around the room saying hi and smiling at people as I went. My eyes rested on Ashton as he danced with his mum. I watched as he made funny faces at a child of a friend of Anne's.

He looked so happy and content. He picked up the little girl in his arms and twirled her round the dance floor making her giggle.

A hand was placed on my shoulder and I turned to find Emma. I smiled at her and put my drink down to hug her.

"Now about theses cheques?" She said, but it sounded like a question.

"I don't need them Emma, I love him and it's going against everything in me to take them. I'm not touching my bank account anymore, I've set up a new one for me. I don't want the money anymore" I said, looking round to make sure no one heard me.

"Alright my dear. If that is your wish, then that's what will happen. And my dear you look absolutely breath taking" she said smiling, giving me a hug. She smiled and nodded her head to something behind me.

I turned round and saw Ashton making his way towards us. A smile spread across my face when our eyes locked.

"Hey" I smiled as he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Hey" he smiled back kissing my cheek, "Have you seen Twitter?"

"No" I said, eyeing him suspiciously.

He laughed and took out his phone to reveal his tweet of "I have a hot wife". I laughed at him and kissed his cheek, placing my hands on the back of his neck.

"Good because I've a hot husband" I whispered, stepping up on my tip toes so I could press my lips to his.

Just as I was about to kiss him, feedback from a microphone cut through the room. We looked to see Michael standing next to the DJ.

"Wow, sorry about that, but I do believe it's time for Mr and Mrs Irwin to have their first dance. Ashton, Ali take the floor" Michael said gesturing to the now empty dance floor.

"M'lady may I have this dance?" Ashton said holding out his hand and bowing.

"Why yes you can" I smiled taking his hand and letting him lead me into the dance floor.

The music started and instantly I know it was Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud. I rest my right hand on his shoulder and his left hand rested on my waist, our other hands were held together as we swayed. Ashton pulled me close to him so there was no space between us.

"Did I tell you you look absolutely beautiful today?" He whispered with a smile.

"Maybe once or 25 times" I giggled smiling up at him.

"Well here's 26, you look absolutely beautiful" he whispered.

"...I'm thinking about how, people fall in love in mysterious ways, maybe just the touch of a hand..."

"I don't get it Ash, you hated everything to do with this, and now you're all smiles and a ray of sunshine. Why?" I asked. It had come to my mind a good few times throughout the day and I wanted to know.

"You just don't get it" he laughed, he pulled me in even closer and left a soft and lingering kiss on my lips.

What didn't I get?

"...people fall in love in mysterious ways, maybe it's all part of a plan, me I'll keep on making the same mistakes, hoping that you'll understand, but baby now, take me into you loving arms, kiss me under the light of a thousands stars, I'm thinking out loud, we found love right where we are..."

I leaned in and kissed Ashton lightly on the lips as everyone clapped and cheered as we finished our first dance. The rest of the party music kicked in after that. I spent most of my time on the dance floor and when I wasn't, I was drinking champagne or beer and all of it was going to my head.

Ashton brought me up to bed at around 3am seeing as tomorrow we fly to Australia for our honeymoon. We'd spend some time in Sydney and the rest traveling some in Australia and some of it around Europe, mainly Ireland, going back to where my grandparents came from.

I was woken the next morning from the sunlight blitzing through the curtains and Ashton shaking me.

"Come on Ali, time to get up" he said.

"Ugh, use your inside voice" I groaned hiding under the pillows.

"Aww is someone feeling delicate today?" He asked.

"Yes, yes I am" I mumbled.

"Well tough shit, we've to get moving" he laughed pulling the duvet off me.

"You're mean" I groaned as I stumbled about to get ready.

An hour later we were in the car on the way to the airport, I was falling asleep on Ashton's shoulder while he held my hand in his and rubbed circles with his thumb. It was very soothing.

Just as I got comfortable we arrived at the airport. Paparazzi had gotten wind of out departure and were ready and waiting with the cameras. Ashton held me close as we pulled out bags behind us.

We got into the first class lounge and Anne, Lauren and Harry were waiting on us.

"What took you so long?" Anne asked.

"Someone has a hangover" Ashton smiled nudging my shoulder with his.

"Shh, inside voice" I groaned rubbing my temples.

"Come on" Ashton laughed, dragging me to a seat to wait on the plane. I curled up on his lap, hiding my face in the crock of his neck.

"I gotta warn you I don't fly well" I mumbled.

"You'll be asleep before we even take off. You'll be fine" Ashton said kissing my forehead.

"If you say so" I yawned, letting my eyes close for a quick nap.

....

Woohoo another update! I'll be updating a lot this week since I've no college so more time to write and sleep! Yay ! Thanks guys! Xoxo