0.3

After spending a nice girly day with Megan on Sunday in Bromley, though what was meant to be a girly day really turned into me third wheeling while Liam was around. And when it was just myself and Megan, all she talked about was Liam. I could hardly blame her, this was her first proper relationship since she was 17. I didn't blame her really.

The publicity stunt did play on my mind a little. I wondered how something like that would work. Would both parties have to agree? Or only one? Or was I just being paranoid? Probably the latter.

As I strolled into the office, I noticed the usual atmosphere was ... Off. The normal tranquil buzz was replaced with a hectic one. People rushed about for no particular reason, files in hand or requesting other ones. Kate was missing from her desk so I just did what I normally did on a Monday. I turned on my computer, opened up the appointments list and to-do list and waited for the phone to ring. What I found odd was the to-do list was empty and very few appointments were made. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

My to-do list was always packed on a Monday after having the weekend off.

"Strange" I mumbled.

My attention was taken to Matt's door as Kate exited the room.

"Oh Alison, good you're here. Matt wants to see you. Now" she said.

My heart rate quickened, it was never good when your employer wanted to see you as soon as you walked in.

"Oh boy" I muttered under my breath.

I knocked lightly before stepping around the door. Matt smiled at me and gestured for me to take a seat. I sat quietly and noticed that the blonde haired women, who's name I'm yet to find out, was sitting in a chair beside Matt. I gave her a smile and she returned it.

"Alison this is Emma, she's the head of the 5SOS publicity team" Matt said.

"Nice to meet you" I smiled.

"A pleasure" Emma smiled.

An awkward silence fell for a moment before Matt spoke again.

"Are you a fan of 5sos Alison?" Matt asked.

"I guess, I mean I bought they're first album and went to a few concerts" I said, "Any reason?"

"Here's the thing Alison, they've gotten a lot of bad press recently and it's all down to Ashton" Emma said.

"The drummer?" I asked to make sure.

Emma nodded, "He's the main reason for it all. He's become sloppy in his attitude. He no longer cares about the music or his fans. The fame has gone to his head, all he wants is the rock and roll lifestyle of a different girl each night, alcohol and anything else he can get his hands on. The other boys are getting sick of it. His own mother is terrified for his health and safety. She asked us to step in and help him"

"I'm sorry, I'm confused. What has this got to do with me?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed as I looked between Emma and Matt.

"Well Ali, can I call you that?" Emma asked. I nodded. I preferred to be called Ali, Alison made me feel old.

"Well Ali, we've come up with a plan over the past couple of months, and by we I mean, myself, the publicity team, Matt, the boys of 5 Seconds of Summer and Ashton's mother" she said. I nodded waiting on more.

"The plan is a publicity stunt. A grand reveal of Ashton's long term girlfriend, then a public engagement and then a wedding and then finally a divorce. It'll stop all the bad press regarding the girls. His mother thinks it'll do him good, make him grow up and face life" Matt explained. I nodded along, still not seeing how this information connected to me.