0.8

The day finally arrived, the day of the interview and the 'surprise' engagement was apon us. I was freaking out. I was currently sitting in my room having my hair and makeup done. I usually liked to be pampered but not today. I watched as my near white blonde, dip-dyed locks were curled loosely and then parts pinned back so it was half up, half down.

This woman that Emma hired then began on my face. She painted on a primer and my phone buzzed in my lap. I had a text from Megan.

Megan: Today's the day!

Me: Don't remind me!

Megan: Oh that good huh?

I left it there, I couldn't concentrate at all. I watched from the corner of my eye as the makeup artist got what she needed. I never knew there were so many brushes just for makeup, even the thoughts of figuring them out gave me a headache.

I kept my eyes closed as she went to work. She spent time on my eyes and I didn't mind, I always did the same when I did my own makeup.

"You're eyes are amazing" this woman said.

"Oh thank you" I said blushing. She smiled at me and finished off my look and tidied everything away. I stayed in my chair and waited for her to leave so I could go pick out my outfit. I went to my mirror and was taken aback at the sight.

My makeup was beautifully done, very simple yet stunning. A slight pink blush was on my cheeks, my foundation matched my pale skin perfectly and concealer hid the dark circles under my eyes. My eyes were lined top and bottom, with a grey smokey eye and mascara coating my lashes. My lips were just covered with a clear gloss. I had to admit I really did like my look.

A knock at my door brought me back to reality. I fixed my clothes quickly and turned away from the mirror.

"Come in" I called, sitting on the bed.

Ashton walked into the room and froze once our eyes met. He scanned my face before he eyes came back to mine.

"Yeah?" I asked when he said nothing, he just continued to stare and it made me uncomfortable.

"What Ashton?" I asked, my eyebrows creasing together in annoyance. He shook his head and blinked a few times.

"We've to be at the studio in two hours, be ready in one" he said before turning on his heel and slamming the door closed.

"Asshole" I muttered under my breath before turning to my wardrobe in search of the perfect outfit.

After half an hour I found the right dress. It was just above the knee in a skater style, in a deep maroon colour. I placed a belt around my waist and grabbed a cardigan to throw on later. I decided to throw my own twist on things and wear my worn in black Vans.

Once I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my bag I headed downstairs. I landed on the last step and heard Ashton's door close. I sighed and braced myself for whatever insults he would throw my way. I had come accustomed to them, yet a few did sting once in a while.

He landed on the last step and looked round for me. I stepped around from behind the island and he looked me up and down as I walked closer.

"What?" I snapped.

"Nothing. At least that" he said pointing to my outfit, "Won't overpower me"

"Wish I could say the same for your deodorant" I said, fanning my face to try get rid of the smell.

"Whatever. Let's go, the car's outside" he said, voice monotone and an eye roll. I scoffed and went outside as Ashton locked up. As I neared the car a figure stepped out that I thought was the driver but turned out to be Luke.

"Miss Cooper" he greeted me with a bow.

"Mr. Hemmings" I curtsied back with a laugh.

"You ready for tonight?" he asked.

I gave him a shrug. I wasn't 100% sure if I was or not, the thoughts terrified me, yet there was a small part of me that couldn't wait.

"What am I missing?" Ashton laughed, placing a hand on the small of my back. So the act starts now. I stiffened slightly at his touch but let a smile coat my face.

"Nothing just having a chat" Luke said.

"Just once you're not stealing my girlfriend" Ashton joked getting into the car, followed by myself and Luke. We nodded a hello to the driver and buckled up before we drove off. I sat in the middle, my head against the headrest and eyes closed. Ashton's hand was placed lightly on my knee, our ever present show always goes on in public.

We eventually got to the studio and once inside we were split up. I was thankful I needed some space to breath. I sat in my seat, front row and watched as guest after guest was interviewed. Finally 5 Seconds Of Summer were introduced. I let out a cheer and clapped along with everyone else.

The boys talked away about their album and the tour they just finished, and eventually my name popped up.

"So Ashton how's the girlfriend?" Alan Carr asked.

"She's brilliant, she's actually front row. Right there" Ashton smiled, pointing to me. I smiled and waved as the camera flashed to me.

"Oh lovely. So I hear she's the love of your life?" He asked.

"Oh don't get him started" Michael said with an eye roll.

"He can go on for hours about her smile" Calum joked. Ashton blushed and hid his face, but the looked to me.

"Aw bless, the boys in love" Alan joked, but caught on where Ashton was looking. "Bring her up here"

"Can I?" Ashton said excitedly and Alan nodded. Ashton jogged towards me and held out his hand. I protested, shaking my head repeatedly until he grabbed my hand and dragged me up. I sat terrified between Calum and Ashton. Ashton held my hand and had a smile plastered on his face.

"So Ali, we know you're the love of Ashton's life, but what about you?" Alan asked.

"I love him. As cheesy and cliché as it sounds I didn't believe in a soul mate until I met him" I said, looking into his hazel eyes as I spoke.

"Oh you'll have me crying in a minute" Alan said, "And Ashton you said you had a surprise for us all?"

"Yeah, yeah I do" Ashton said nervously. He let go of my hand and stood up rooting in his pocket. I looked around at the other boys like I had no clue what was happening.

Ashton produced a ring box from his pocket and got down on one knee causing everyone to gasp.

My hands shot to cover my mouth, conveying sheer shock. Ashton opened the box and inside was a diamond ring, a simple one, on a silver band. Elegant and simplistic.

"Alison Copper, you are my world, my rock, my best friend and love of my life, would you do me the honour and making all my dreams come true and marry me?" Ashton said, his voice shaking in all the right places.

Everyone was frozen around us waiting on my response. I felt salty tears hit my lips, I had no idea I could do that. Ashton looked up at me with a hopeful expression and chewed his bottom lip. God it looked sexy.

I let out a shaky breath and nodded, "Yes" I whispered smiling. Ashton smiled too and for a split second I swear I saw a glimmer in his eye, before it was replaced with the same fake smile I'd grown used to.

He slipped the ring onto my fourth finger and stood up and I jumped into his arms, wrapping my arms around his neck, his arms held me at my waist holding me close and spinning me round. I let out a giggle as he spun me round. As soon as my feet hit the floor the boys dived on us and I could faintly hear Alan wrap up the show.

And that was it, I was engaged. I was engaged to a practical stranger. I should feel terrified, but I don't. I feel excited and I couldn't wait. Did I actually like Ashton? I couldn't, could I?

....

So I hope everyone had a great Christmas, I know I did !
So thanks to all who are reading this, it means so much, and I'll update as much as possible before I have to start studying again! :)
Peace out guys xoxo