1.9

I had eventually drifted off into a dreamless sleep after crying my eyes out. My back hurt from the cheep mattress on the bed and the sun hurt my eyes as it streamed through the cheep nylon curtains. I sat up on the bed, a few joints clicking from stiffness.

I checked my phone, it was 1pm a full 24hours after I had run away. My phone was full of missed calls and text messages from Ashton, Calum, Michael, Luke and even Emma. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair, shaking my head trying to clear the pounding headache.

My phone rang again and I looked to find Emma's number. I sighed deeply and decided to answer it.

"Hello?" I croaked, my voice gone from the crying and lack of sleep.

"Oh Ali, you're ok. Where are you?" She asked.

"I don't know. A hotel" I said in a whisper.

"I think you need to come back so we can talk this through" she said. I sighed and the tears threatened to fall again.

"Ali?" She asked, when I said nothing.

"Ok" I said simply, "I'll be there in an hour" and I hung up the phone.

I gathered myself together and went to the bathroom to splash water across my face. My eyes were red and puffy and I pulled my hair into a bun before I put makeup on.

I hide the dark circles and redness with concealer and made an effort with my look, full makeup including eyeshadow and liner. I gathered my bags and checked out of the hotel and got a taxi back to where the boys were staying.

I stepped into the lobby and an assistant of Emma's lead me to a room. She opened the door and I found Emma sitting in a chair, like she was ready for business. The boys sat on couches, Ashton on his own in an armchair with his head hidden in his hands.

I coughed to make my presence know. They all turned to me and Ashton stood up, his eyes were bloodshot and black circles and bags coated under his eyes, his hair messy as if his hands were constantly at it.

"Ali I-" he started but I cut him off with my hand.

"I'm just here to say I'm done with all this. I can't do it anymore, it's messing with my head. I can't keep pretending anymore. I don't want anything only to be left alone and that's it" I stated in the most professional tone I could muster.

Emma nodded, while Ashton stunk back into the chair like I had kicked him in the stomach.

I slipped off my rings and left them on a table, and nodded a goodbye to everyone.

I turned on my heel and out the door I went. I hailed a taxi and requested the airport and got a last minute flight back home. Nothing seemed to sink in. I sat in my seat and just stared ahead of me with my iPod on, the music drowning out all sounds around me.

I hadn't felt so numb in such a long time. It was as if my heart was ripped from my chest and the gapping hole was growing by the minute.

I held myself together, I was not one to break down in public. I sat patiently and waited on the Tarmac to depart the plane.

The plane doors opened and I stepped down the metal steps, my footsteps echoing in my head as I walked into the terminal. I grabbed my bag and headed to the taxi rank. I pulled my sunglasses on and gave directions to the driver.

I watched out the window, everything blurring as we traveled at speed, but I couldn't be sure if it wasn't my own tears either.

The taxi stopped at my desired destination and I paid what I owed. I got out and put my earphones in and pressed play, with All Time Low's The Irony Of Choking On A Lifesaver blasting in my ears as I walked.

I got to a door and stopped, ringing the doorbell and when no one came quickly enough I banged my fist against the wood.

"Alright alright!" Megan snapped as she opened the door.

"Ali" she said shocked.

I couldn't hold it together anymore, the tears slipped down my face and I wrapped my arms around her neck and sobbed.

She wrapped her arms around me and brought me inside. She sat me on the couch and let me sob. She stayed quiet until I could talk.

"What happened? I thought it was a weekend in Paris?" She asked.

I wiped my eyes dry and looked to her mascara stained t-shirt.

"You were right Megs, I should've listen when you said I'd end up hurt" I whispered, tucking my knees into my chest.

"What?" She asked.

"I walked in on him in the process of cheating on me. I should've known, he never cared about me, he's just a damn good actor who strung me along. An you wanna know the worst bit? I actually love him, like madly, truly, deeply love him" I whispered, getting angry and the tears formed again.

"Oh Ali" she said and wrapped her arms around me again, just letting me cry.

I spent 3 days on Megan's couch, not moving very far and just crying and just feeling numb. I lay awake with my eyes closed curled in a ball, when I heard a conversation I shouldn't have.

"Megs I know she's your friend, but she can't stay here forever, the stress isn't good for you now" Liam whispered.

"I can't kick her out Liam, she's my best friend. And don't you dare tell me what's good for me!" She snapped.

"It's my child too Megan" he said.

I had gotten off the couch at this point and stood in the doorway of the kitchen, I pulled the sleeves of my sweater over my hands.

"You're pregnant?" I asked.

She closed her eyes and sighed, "Yeah I am, 3 months, I was just waiting on a better time to tell you"

"Liam's right, I shouldn't be here you don't need this. I'll go back to London, my apartment is still there. I'll get my things and be gone by lunch" I said turning on my heel and stuffed everything into my bags.

I ignored Megan's protests for me to stop and stay. I just continued and left and next thing I knew I was back at my apartment, curled up in a ball on my bed, falling back into a state of numbness.

.....

So this will be my last update till Friday, and I'll just be updating Friday's from now on since it's my only day off from college :)
Hope you enjoyed it, please comment and vote ! Love you all xoxo