1

Zayn and Louis were high school sweethearts, more like Junior High school sweethearts in everyone else's eyes. The boys were inseparable, anyone with eyes could see the love between the two. the two didn't acknowledge it till year nine, the year it truly began.

You see Louis asked Zayn what it felt like to be openly gay and his response? "It's incredible Lou! I am who I am. I'm not pretending to be someone I'm not, nor am I lying to myself anymore. I love it so much."

Apparently that's all Louis needed because the next thing Zayn knew, Louis' lips were planted firmly on his, in front of the entire student body. Cheers and a few groans made their way throughout the café. There was even a few "ITS ABOUT TIME!" Shouts mainly from their mates. From that day on they were known and LouisandZaynnot Louis and Zayn

Zayn was currently figgeting in his seat as he waited for the doctors explanation regarding his sickness, cramps and strange eating habits. Of course Zayn had his suspicions of the actual reason but he wanted to hear a doctor say it to confirm his theory.

"Alright Mr. Malik what has been happening lately?" Dr. Stanley asked.

"Well I've been throwing up for a few weeks now and my boyfriend is worried which is why I'm here."

"Well Zayn, we are both aware you are that rare type of male that could carry children, why don't you lay back and lift your shirt up for me."

Zayn nodded, lifting up his shirt in the process. He can't believe this is happening. He knew he could carry and so did Louis but it doesn't make this anymore easier with being so young.

"Alright Zayn this is gonna be cold, so prepare yourself."

Zayn held his breathe waiting for the cold jell to touch his skin. After a few moments of waiting for the doctor to locate his baby a heart beat came through.

"Aha! I knew I'd find the little bugger. Seems the baby was just hiding. Well Mr. Malik, you are indeed pregnant and by the looks of the baby's development I'd say about four months now. Congratulations! You're a mummy to be!"

And there it is. His suspicions were true and now he has to tell Louis. He's happy he really is. He just hopes Louis will be too, "Thank you Dr. Stanley. "

"Anytime love, now let me get those sonograms for you and schedule you for next month's appointment and there will be some prenatal vitamins for you to take."

"Yes ma'am." Zayn thanked.

"Oh honey please call me Jo." With that said Jo got up to grab everything she needed and was escorting Zayn through the doors. "I hope he's happy. He's got a lucky one with you. I'll see you next month."

"Bye Jo and thank you again." Zayn waved.

Well Zayn's suspicions were true now for the terrifying part. Lou knows he's a carrier, they're rare but they do indeed exist. He hopes Louis won't leave him like his mind keeps telling him he will.

A 20 minute drive home with the exception for stopping to get pickles and peanut butter, he's ready to tell Louis, "Babe? I'm home!" He shouted through the tiny apartment.

"In the kitchen love!" Came Louis' voice.

"Hey Lou, how was class?"

"It was alright. Our paper that was due today was actually taken off, so no more paper."

"That's great babe. Are you working today?"

"Nah, Niall picked up my shift."

"Oh. Alright then. That's good I suppose. I have a bit of news for you, from the doctors today." Zayn said nervously.

"Good or bad?" Louis quirked an eyebrow.

"Well I think it's rather great news. Depends on how you feel about being a daddy?" Zayn questioned.

Louis stood there shocked, "Excuse me?"

"Yeah Lou, turns out I'm pregnant and we're going to be daddies. Isn't that fantastic?"

Louis didn't answer.

"Isn't that what you wanted Lou? Didn't you want to start a family?" Zayn asked worried.

Again. More silence.

"Louis?" Zayn pleaded, "Say something please!"

"I-I," Louis began "I can't Zayn! I'm only 20 years old and I haven't even finished Uni! I can't raise a kid now! I Won't! I haven't lived my life. I'm sorry Z, but I have to go." Louis responded, voice cracking.

"What do you mean "you can't"?!", Zayn panicked. "I thought you wanted this! I thought you loved me Louis!" Zayn screamed.

"Zayn," Louis sighed. "I love you, I really do. I can't handle this. You know how stressful Uni is and now with a baby? It's gonna be so much harder."

"Don't you think I know that?!" Zayn continued to scream. "I'M TERRIFIED LOUIS! I'M ONLY 19! HOW DO YOU THINK THAT MAKES ME FEEL?!"

"Love, please calm down. It isn't safe for the baby." Louis whispered.

"WHY THE HELL DO YOU CARE! YOU DONT WANT HIM!"

"BECAUSE HES MINE TOO ZAYN, THATS WHY!" Louis Finally screamed.

"If you think I'm letting you anywhere near my child after this, you're wrong Louis Tomlinson." Zayn chuckled dryly. "I think you should leave Louis."

"This isn't fair Zayn! You can't just take him away from me!" Louis argued.

"Please just - just go."

Louis knew he wasn't going to be able to change Zayn's mind, so he left. "I'll be back tomorrow to gather my things." He whispered. "Take care of yourself and the baby. I love you Zayn. So so much." With that said Louis turned on his heals and left.

Zayn no longer had any support.

He was alone, 4 months pregnant and not to mention scared out of his mind.

'Why couldn't he have just stayed? I need you Lou. I love you.'

***

Months went by as well as his pregnancy he did everything on his own. He went to the check-ups alone, he went to the parenting classes alone, he tended to his own cravings, he did it all. It was hard but luckily his dad always filled his bank account. Just because Yaser wasn't in Zayn's life for a good portion of it, he always made sure Zayn had enough money to support himself.

When he figured out Zayn was pregnant, he made sure to double his original amount to make sure Zayn had enough for him and his grandchild. Yaser visited when he could but briefly, since Trisha felt Zayn got himself into this mess he could get himself out but Yaser didn't see it that way. He saw it as another opportunity to make up for what a shitty father he had been to Zayn when he was growing up.

So he wasn't completely alone but most of the time he was. He did everything on his own, all Yaser did was make sure Zayn had enough money to survive and for that Zayn was thankful.

When it came time to give birth, Zayn did a home birth with his midwife by his side. Now I know you're thinking how in the world did he give birth rather than a c section but when you're a carrier it's possible. Anyways, Zayn gave birth to a healthy baby boy 6 lbs, 8 oz on September 21st, 2011.

Oliver William Malik-Tomlinson