2

"Oliver William! Stop running away from daddy and put your pajamas on!" Zayn laughed chasing the now three year old boy throughout the flat.

"Have to catch Oliver, Daddy! No sleep yet!" The toddler giggled, continuing to run from Zayn.

"Fine then, I guess daddy will have to go and sleep all by himself," Zayn pouted "G'night Oli."

"Daddy!" The little boy squealed, "No leave Oli, daddy. No leave!"

Zayn tried hiding his smile, as he continued to walk down the hall to his room, "Oli doesn't wanna sleep with Daddy."

"No, Oli sleep wif daddy please." Oliver whimpered tugging on his dad's oversized shirt.

"Aw bug daddy was only kidding. Now c'mon bef-" Zayn was cut off by his phone ringing.

"Daddy phone!" Oliver shouted, trying to wiggle from his dad's arms.

Zayn nodded, "Go lay down while daddy answers the phone okay bug?" Oliver nodded before climbing into bed, with his stuffed elephant. "'Lo?"

"Yes is this a Zayn Malik?" The unknown caller asked.

"Yes it is and who may I ask is calling?"

"Ah, good evening Mr. Malik. I'm Dr.Rogers from St. Thomas' Hospital," Dr. Rogers began, "I understand you have relations with Louis Tomlinson?"

Zayn's breath hitched, not hearing Louis' name for well over 3 years "I, uhm, yes. He's the father of my son as well as my ex-boyfriend." Zayn hesitated, "Is he alright Doctor?"

"It appears Louis has been in a terrible accident-," Terrible Accident is the only thing Zayn hears. It keeps replaying over and over in his head.

Terrible accident.
Terrible accident.
Louis.
Terrible accident.
Louis' been in an accident.

"Ex-cuse me did you say accident?" Zayn stuttered.

"Im afraid so Mr. Malik,-"

Zayn's breath hitched, not knowing how to feel about this. Sure Louis was an arse for leaving him all alone and pregnant but Zayn still sort of loved the man. Only just a little (he knew he was lying to himself, it's more like he never stopped). Zayn couldn't believe what he was hearing, he refused to believe it.

Louis was strong. Zayn knew that much, he knew that Louis would be okay but he also knew that Louis didn't have anyone to fall back on. That must be the case right? That must be why they're even calling Zayn. "Excuse me doctor, but doesn't Louis have a significant other? Why are you calling me?"

"Well no, it seems you were his emergency contact. You have been for years now."

And oh. Zayn wasn't suspecting that.

Zayn zoned out letting his mind wander to all the things they used to do when they were together.

There was one time when Zayn was at work and Louis was back at the flat trying to create the perfect date but ended up making a fire in the kitchen. They ended up spending the night at a hotel with Pizza, movies and a bottle of soda.

Then there was when Zayn wanted to surprise Louis with tickets to the premier of the new Spiderman movie but they didn't make it since Louis insisted on thanking Zayn a little afterwards and didn't let up until half past 11 (when the movie started). Zayn had a giggle fit, kissing the pout off of Louis' face with promises to get the tickets for the next marvel movie, only for the same thing to happen again.