-2-

➡18 December, 2016⬅

Harry ↔

I ring the doorbell. No answer. I frown. I ring it again. No answer. I try the handle and see it unlocked. I enter the house and walk into the living room to see Louis on the floor, leaning against the wall, drinking beer.

"Louis." I said, walking up to him. I stop and stand right beside his feet, as he ignores me. 

"Louis." I said again. I sighed as he ignored me once more.

"The police want to see us." I said., which immediately caught his attention. He turns his head and looks at me as he slowly gets up. 

He turns away from me, leaving his bottle on the floor and running to the front door as I grab his phone, just in case.

"Here." I said, handing it to him as we walk towards the car. He gets into the back with Liam as I sit in the passenger seat with Niall driving. 

"Let's go." I say to the lads. It took me and Niall a while to get Liam up and out of his bed. He had been crying non-stop all week. Just like Louis.

Niall drives towards the police station. He stops and parks right in front.

"We're here." we tell Liam, as he falls asleep for the first time in the past few days. Louis was just staring out of the window.

I got out of the car and opened the door for Liam as Niall opened for Louis. They both got out, Louis being slower, and we dragged them into the building. 

"Hi, we're here cause we got a call to about the missing girls, Rachel Stone and Grace Scott?" Niall says.

"Yeah, you can wait right in there with the parents." The man directs us to a room, where Rachel's mom and Grace's mom were sitting.

"Oh Emma." Liam says, going to comfort Grace's mom. He sits next to her and holds her hand, giving her an encouraging smile. She smiles back at him softly, but you can see how stressed she was. She had dark circles under her eyes and her eyes were red from crying. 

"And Heather." Louis said, more calmly towards Mrs Stone. She too looked like she was going through hell, which she was. She gives him a small smile and then gives him a worried look. 

"Mr Stone is out of town. His mother had an emergency. He will be back soon." She says, sounding as though she was trying to reassure herself, making Louis nod. 

We quieten down once an officer enters the room.

"Hello everyone. I called to tell you all two things. One, the phone call from last week, we traced it to a warehouse. Our men are checking it out right as we speak. And secondly, there was another phone call." says the officer.

"What?" Louis interrupts, abruptly.

"Yes. They called our office and told us, to tell you to contact a different number. Now, I have no idea why they would tell us to contact you to contact them, but they have asked you to do so, in order to get the girls back."

He opened a notebook and flipped the pages. "We tried calling, but as soon as we dialed, it got disconnected. We can't track it either." 

He got to a page and showed to number to Niall, who passes it to Liam and Louis. Louis removes his phone and dials the number. 

"Hello?" He says, after placing it on speaker.

"Louis." said a weak female voice. 

"Rachel?" Louis whispered. 

"Louis," she whispers again, "help me." 

Suddenly the voice changes and a man starts speaking to them.

"Louis." He says, "Bring money, lots of money. Today, 7:00pm at the old bridge. You and Liam, alone." He says, and suddenly disconnects, not caring whether he agreed or not.

"I don't have that kind of money to just give to a bunch of strangers but since it for Grace, I'll do it." said Emma softly, with a worried look on her face.

"No, Emma. We'll take care of it. Liam and I will take care of this." Louis tells Mrs Scott. 

"We can help too." I say, looking at Niall. He nods. 

"Right. It's settled then. Today, at 7, we both will go with the money." Louis says.

"Woah, I'm not letting you boys go without the police. They will be following you throughout, understood?" said the officer, sternly looking at the two lads. Liam and Louis exchanged looks before nodding.

"Go and get our babies." Heather said softly to the lads, an encouraging look in her eyes.

⬜⬛

I stopped the van. I turned around to see Louis and Liam wearing hoodies and sunglasses, prepping themselves to go meet the guy. Me and Niall exchanged a look. "Are you sure you guys can do this?" He asks them. 

Liam looks at Louis before saying, "Yeah, we have to, in order to get our girlfriends back. They're worth it." I smile. I was honestly, proud, of the older boys. They were terrified and yet they were wiling to do it. Anything for love.

"If there is anything wrong, call us or the cops. Got it?" I say, making them both nod. "It's almost 7. Come on. " Liam says, opening the door. They both get out and close the door. I let out a breath of air. Niall and I exchange a look. 

"I hope they will be alright." Niall says.

"I hope so too." I said, watching the two figures disappear around the corner.